t w e n t y o n e

"Oh my gosh, In N' Out!" I exclaimed once he pulled up to the infamous burger joint.

"Surprise!" Niall chuckled as he pulled into the parking lot. But he didn't park, he went straight to the drive-thru line, "I remembered you said that you wanted to come here the other day"

"You remembered correctly" I smiled, very excited.

"We're not gonna eat here though, if that's alright with you. I've got a better place planned" He explained.

"Well if that surprise is as good as this one, then I'm all for it!"

With that, Niall ordered two burgers, two fries (one with cheese, one without), and two shakes for the both of us.

I was then back to being confused since I had no idea where Niall was taking me next. All I knew was the In N' Out smelled amazing and that I couldn't wait to dig in and finally try what everyone's been raving about.

It wasn't long before Niall was pulling up to our next destination. I squealed when I realized that we were at a drive in movie.

"Are you serious?!" I gasped, completely overwhelmed by the surprises he had planned for me tonight.

"Yeah" He nodded, "I hope you're okay with it. I want to make sure that this date is worth going through everything that happened"

"Being with you makes it worth it" I reassured him, causing him to break out into a huge grin.

He pulled up to the closest parking spot available so that we could get the best view of the movie. We then proceeded to get out of the car and move to the trunk where Niall had already laid out several blankets and pillows.

"Wow, you really came prepared" I smiled, eyeing the cozy set up.

"Yeah" He nodded, scratching the back of his neck as his cheeks tainted a light shade of pink.

"It's cute" I giggled, "Don't worry"

"I wasn't worryin'" He scoffed, making me roll my eyes playfully. I then realized how dressed up we were for such a causal date.

"Wait, how come you said to dress cute even though we're just at a movie?" I asked, before realizing that it sounded kind of harsh, "Not that I don't like it! But it just seems that we're a bit..overdressed, don't ya think?"

"Well actually, um" Niall hesitated, "I was thinking we could take a picture at the end of the night..for my Twitter"

I broke out into the biggest smile as soon as he said that, "Wait, really?"

"Yeah" He smiled, "I really meant what I said this morning, Gabi. I finally have you and I'm not messing it up again"

I walked up next to him and placed a kiss on his cheek, "Well, you're doing a very good job so far"

We then proceeded to adjust all of the blankets and pillows so we could climb in and get comfortable. I then took out our food from the bag because I couldn't wait a minute longer.

"Oh my god" I moaned with a mouth full of burger.

"Right?!" Niall exclaimed, chuckling at my reaction, "I felt the same way the first time I came to California with the boys and tried one of these babies"

"Speaking of the boys, how are they?" I asked casually. In the few months that I've known Niall, I've refrained myself from asking questions about the other members of One Direction. Until now.

Niall smirked, "Do I smell a bit of directioner comin' out of ya?"

"Shut up!" I whined, trying to hide my smile, "I was just wondering"