t w o

"Hi, how are you today?" I greeted politely to the woman entering our store. She was the first customer of the day. Normal I'd be excited, but we opened three hours ago.

"Great, thanks" She replied simply.

Just another day at work. Three more hours and I'm free to go home, strip down to nothing, watch Netflix, and pass the ef out.

After helping the lady find a few dresses, I checked her out and was left alone with my other coworker, Bethany.

"Uuugghh, I hate working weekdays. It's alway so slow!" I groaned.

"How the hell can you be complaining when you just went on a date with Niall Horan last night?" Bethany asked me. 

Bethany is my favorite coworker that has been here ever since I started working here a few months ago. She acts like my big sister and I absolutely love getting scheduled with her. She makes our quiet little store a to less quiet and a lot less boring.

"It wasn't a date" I reminded, "Just two new friends eating food and getting to know each other"

"Didn't you kiss him on the cheek at the end?" She questioned, a smirk playing at her lips.

"I kiss my friends on the cheek" I defended.

"You never kiss me on the cheek" She pouted.

"Nah, I'll kiss you on the lips honey" I giggled, winking obnoxiously.

Bethany rolled her eyes at me, "How come you're not freaking out about hanging out with Niall Horan?"

"Because I'm never going to see him again..so it's not worth freaking out about" I explained simply.

"What do you mean you'll never see him again?" She questioned.

"Beth, I'm just some fan girl to him..nothing more" I sighed.

"But he asked you for your number?"

"He was probably just being nice" I shrugged.

" I doubt that Niall Horan would ask a random fan girl for his number if he was 'just being nice'" She said.

"You know you don't have to keep saying his whole name. I think we both only know one Niall" I pointed out.

"I know, but it feels weird calling him just 'Niall'" She admitted.

Dismissing the conversation, I walked around the store and continued to complain about how it's always empty. Don't get me wrong, it's nice when it's empty because I don't really have to do anything, but when it's empty like all the time, it gets pretty boring.

"Why don't you try some stuff on to keep your whiney butt calm?" Bethany suggested, making me giggle.

"Fiiine" I agreed. I walked around the store and pulled a few things that I liked so that I could try them on. As silly as it seems, trying on the new clothes was a required part of the job because they want us to know exactly how each piece fits so we can correctly advise our customers when styling them.

After hanging up all my items in the dressing room, I took off my denim skirt and white off the shoulder top, letting them fall to the floor. I then chose a short red velvet skater dress to try on. As soon as it was on, I swung the door open and obnoxiously strutted out of the room to strike a pose for Bethany.

"How do I look?" I asked my coworker, my hair covering my face from the obnoxious and sudden movements.

"Beautiful, darlin'" An Irish accent answered, making my eyes widen. I immediately turned around and saw Niall standing with his arms crossed and a cute little smirk on his face.

"W-what," I stuttered, trying to find the right words, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, we were here for one more day and I thought I'd pay ya a visit at work," He chuckled, "Looks like you're having some fun"

I blushed, my face turning a bright shade of red, "Yeah.."

"Get it, Gab!!" Bethany shouted from the cash register. She always knew just how to embarrass me.

"Shut up!" I called out, before directing my attention back to Niall, "So, er, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Yeah, well actually a friend of mine's birthday is coming up and I'd love to get her a few things. You mind helpin' me out?" He asked.

"Not at all!" I grinned, "What does she like to wear?"

"Her size and style seems pretty similar to yours. Why don't ya pick out a few things?" Niall suggested.

"Sure! How much do you wanna spend? Our stuff can get a bit pricey here," I commented, "Which is why I can never afford anything, even with the discount"

"Price doesn't matter right now" Niall clarified.

"Oh right," I giggled, "I forgot you're a world famous pop star"

He playfully rolled his eyes at me in which I responded with a toothy grin. I then proceeded to go around the store, still in the little red dress, and picked out a few items that I would wear. Niall did in fact say that we had the same style.

I chose a few shirts, a couple dresses, jeans, and even a pair of shoes the I've been dying to get. If I can't afford them, might as well let someone who can get them.

"What do you think of these?" I asked, showing him the articles of clothing piece by piece.

"She'll love 'em" He grinned, "Care to check me out?"

I look at him confused, "You sure? You barely looked at them"

"It's fine. You like them right?" He asked and I nodded, "Then yeah, she'll like them"

He followed me to the cash register where I rung him up and folded all the clothes neatly in tissue paper.

"Alright Mr. Horan, your grand total today is 971.56" I announced.

"Alrighty" He said, handing me his credit card without hesitation. Damn, a girl could dream.

Once I swiped his card and he signed, I placed all of the clothing items in a bag and held it over the counter for him to take, "Here ya go!"

Niall just smirked at me, "Keep 'em"

"Wait, what?"

"Happy birthday!" He exclaimed. Oh my god, no way. I can't believe he even remembered that my birthday is next week.

"Oh my god, no," I gasped, "Niall, I can't let you do this"

"Yes you can, love" He reassured.

"No I can't, Niall. It's way too expensive" I tried to reason.

"What did you say before?" He paused, stroking his chin in hesitation, "Oh yeah, I'm a world famous pop star"

I giggled at his comment but still fought back, "Niall, as sweet as this is, I really can't take these. It's just too much"

"Fine, I'll let you pay for dinner tonight if you keep them" He suggested.

"We're going to dinner tonight?" I rose an eyebrow.

Before Niall could answer, Bethany stepped in.

"Oh my god Gabi, he's asking you out! Now accept the damn gift and stop asking questions before I go on the date with him" She chimed in.

I took a moment to glare at her, but silently thanking her at the same time, before turning back to Niall, "Yeah, dinner tonight sounds great. On me though!"

"Fine, petal. On you" He smiled.