Chapter 24

Niall smiled at his three mates before walking slowly towards the stairs. When he reached it, he sighed deeply. He climbed it, careful not to make a sound, as if he’s hiding from something, like he’s sneaking. He doesn’t know from what or why or from whom, he just feels like it. When he reached Zayn’s room, he stood there for a minute, hesitating. But then decided to knock.

“Z-Zayn? It’s me, N-Niall.” He said while knocking. No one answered.

“Zayn, please. I- I know you’re in there. Please open up.” He said. When Zayn didn’t respond, he knocked to the door massively.

“Zayn open up or else I’m gonna break in!” He warned. But still to no avail. He then decided to try the knob which, surprisingly, is unlocked.

He opened the door and there, in Zayn’s room, the most neat and vain among all of them, he saw a lot of clothes (he doesn’t know if all of them are dirty or not), crumpled papers, torn magazines everywhere, and the wall that was once painted royal blue is now covered in different colors of paint- red, black, green, orange, and more. It’s like someone just carelessly splashed the paints there.

“What do you want?” Zayn said and Niall noticed him for the first time. Zayn’s laying in the bed, his whole body covered with the duvet.

“Z-Zayn, I.. It’s just…” Niall can’t seem to get the words out of his mouth.

“What?!” Zayn shouted, now in sitting position.

“Why… I just wanna know why y-you did that..” The blonde asked and he looked down, like he was ashamed of asking about that thing to Zayn.

Zayn smirked.

“Why? Because you’re a faggot.” Zayn’s answer made Niall’s head shot up.

“W-what?” Niall managed to croak out.

“You heard me.” Zayn said before standing up, stretching.

“Why… Are you insane?! Just because of that?!” Niall shouted at him.

“Just because of that?! Just?! You don’t what you’re talking about Niall!!! It isn’t just ‘that’!” Zayn shouted.

“And what’s with being gay huh?! Just because I’m gay you’re going to, to let all of our hard works and efforts, everything! You’re just going to fucking give up all of those, huh?! Our dreams-“ Niall, who is in so much anger he can’t form a sentence, was cut off by a fuming Zayn.

“Don’t fucking tell me about our dreams Niall! Don’t you dare-“

“Well I dare! All, all of this fucking nonsense just, j-just because of your shitty reasons! Our dreams! You ruined it! YOU. FUCKING. RUINED. IT!” Niall said, the index finger of his right hand poking Zayn’s chest hard.

"You're wrong! 'Cause I did that to save our asses!!" Zayn shouted, pushing Niall away from him.

Niall looked shocked at what Zayn said.

"S-save us? What... What do you mean by that?" Niall said.

"You really think that fans wouldn't hate us? That they wouldn't leave us once they found out about, about you being... Being gay?!" Zayn told Niall while advancing to him and Niall backing away from him.

"I'm doing this so you will leave Niall! Bacause you'll ruin us! You have to leave!" Zayn shouted again making Niall flinch.

Niall's eyes got bigger, finally finding out why Zayn did this. He's shaking uncontrollably, his head pounding.

"So... So that's why... Well, yeah. This is the reason why I talked to you in the first place- to know the reason why you did that. B-but... But I just wish that..." Niall stiffled a sob, his head bowed down, shaking it slowly. And then he looked at Zayn.