Epilogue

"Shut the door..."

Harry is as usual lingering in the kitchen. Trying to figure out if he should cook something or not.

"Turn the light off, I wanna be with you.."

He decided to put the dishes away when he accidently knocked out a glass.

"I wanna feel your love..."

His eyes followed the object as it slowly falls, his mouth closed tightly. His face doesn't have any emotion in it.

"I wanna lay beside you..."

The glass touched the ground, slowly breaking into pieces.

"I cannot hide this even though I try..."

The sound rung in his ears, a thin and high screeching sound which resembles of screeching tires making Harry's eyebrow furrow.

"If we could only have this life for one more day..."

Liam showed on the door, his face full of confusion. He was about to ask Harry what happened when Louis showed on the other door leading to the hallway.

"If we could only turn back time..."

Louis is holding the telephone, tears on his eyes. He tried to open his mouth but nothing comes out. He tried and tried but it only came out as sobs. That's when they heard hurried footsteps making their way down the stairs and the front door opening and slammed shut.

"You know I'll be your life, your voice your reason to be, my love, my heart is breathing for this. Moments in time, I'll find the words to say before you leave me today..."

They can hear it. The fans hear it. I, myself, can hear it. Pain. Hurt. Guilt. Anger. Grief. With every word, you can feel it.

No one sung after the chorus. Who will anyway? No one... No one can. They can try and sing his part but it'll only ruin the song. It'll only make the person singing the part choke on his own sobs.

"H-hands are silent..."

Their hands are shaking. They feel numb, they can't feel the mic they're holding.

"Voices numb.. Tryin' to scream out my l-lungs.."

Louis tried. He swear he tried. But... He just can't. It doesn't feel right. He doesn't want to break down in front of all these people, their fans. On this stage that served as a tool for him and the other boys to meet, to be friends. To do something all of them love. But he can't do it anymore.

"I-it makes this harder... And the tears streamed down my face."

His voice gave in and so does he.

"If we could only have this life for one more day..."

If only they could... If. That's the sad thing about it. Because they can't.

"If we could only turn back time..."

And that's when they all broke down. Their mics falling down together with their knees. Fans are crying, silent. They can't believe thay they're seeing this personally, their idols breaking down. The scene tormented them. The background music stopped too. The crews backstage know the boys can't continue anymore. Ever. But they can't bring themselves to go and take them away from the stage.

The sobbing is the only thing you can hear throughout the entire stadium. No one dared to speak. Until a man, with his early twenties started to sing. His voice raspy from crying. He was sitting in the front, VIP. And it just so happens that Liam's mic fell exactly in front of him, only a few yards away.