Food Fight

Just because we're on lockdown doesn't mean class is canceled. I hate that. It's been two weeks since the lockdown and we we're not even close into finding the file thief. The only thing good about today is lunch. Carlos sat with me at one of the tables. He pushed this weird looking burger with this brown looking substance on it.

I picked up the burger. "What is this?" I asked.

Carlos sighed. "It's called barbecue sauce, MJ. It helps give the burger a bit of...zest."

Barbecue sauce? This burger looks pretty barbecued already. I looked at Carlos to see him nodding his head at me. I brought the burger close to my face. It looks weird. I smelled it. It's alright. I slowly brought it closer to my mouth. I took a little bite and my eyes widen at the taste.

I smiled. "Carlos, this is amazing."

"What is?" Harry asked as he sat down next to me. "Yer handsome boyfriend?"

Carlos glared at Harry before grabbing his bag. "I'll see you later, MJ." He didn't give me enough time to say bye before he left.

"He doesn't like you very much," I commented as I took another bite.

Harry just shrugged. "Yer ol' friends don't like me. Who would have thought?" He said sarcastically.

I don't care if they like Harry, I do. The only thing I ask for is if they could at least tolerate him. I mean, they love Gil. Jay is actually working out with him right now. The only one from the group who doesn't hate Harry is Evie.

I heard Harry chuckle and I gave him a confused look. "What?"

He brought his thumb up and wiped the barbecue from the corner of my mouth. "Hungry, aren't we?" He licked it off his fingers. "Not bad."

"It's called barbecue sauce," I said. "Maybe Ursula would have more business if she sells this stuff."

My own mention of Ursula made my mind wonder off to Uma. I wonder how she's doing? I've send her countless letters about this place, but since everything is on lockdown we weren't allowed to send letters. I wish she was here. Don't get me wrong, this place isn't terrible with Gil and Harry here, but we need our little Shrimpy.

"Give it back!" I heard someone yell.

I looked up to see Dizzy reaching for her notebook. I rolled my eyes when I see Aurox looking over the pages with complete disgust.

"And you're Evie's little protege?" He scoffed. I doubt he could even spell it. "More like he prote-lame."

I pursed my lips. No one talks to Dizzy like that. I got up from my seat and marched over to them.

"At least she has talent," I said as I stood next to Dizzy and crossed my arms. "She at least makes people pretty." I reached over and tugged on the flap of his green jacket. "Though in your case...you need all the help you can get." I looked at him up and down. "On second thought...no amount of makeup is going to fix that face."

Aurox smirked as he leaned against the door. "And who's going to help you with those comebacks? I haven't heard that since..." he ponder in thought "...the 1800's at most."

"So you admit you're old. I knew I spotted crows feet with those frown lines." I fake gasped. "Is that why you didn't beat me in that archery match? Your poor eyesight?"

Aurox smirk turned into a glare which made my smirk grow. "I didn't lose anything."

I placed my hand over my heart. "It's happening again." I looked at Dizzy, who's smiling at the whole exchange. "You're losing your memory. Is that why your test scores are lower than your dick size?" Ooh, language.