Chapter 4

Nikita's p.o.v

Ughh Monday already, I hated waking up early. Don't get me wrong, I loved going to school especially to see my friends but I hated waking up early. Oh did I mention I attend an all girls school. Yes I said all girls. One school filled with over 800 girls and the worlds so called "best" teachers. That's funny considering none of us would be able to pass our exams without going to lessons.

I had one thing on my mind when I got to school, ask one of my friends what was that guys name. I needed to ask one that wouldn't be curious and ask a lot of questions or tell the others because that will draw too much attention to me.

Finally Kim got to school an while talking I subtly mentioned to her that a guy she knows told me happy birthday and thankfully she said "oh yeah! His name is Blake!" It saved me from having to ask, Blake hmm that's a nice name. Oh well not like ill ever talk to him.

I was way too guarded to open up myself to new people and the fact that I've spent so many years in an all girl school makes it even harder for me to talk to a guy not to mention that all the guys who have talked to me before were rude and only after one thing and yes ladies by one thing I mean that " one thing." They never cared about me or my feelings which is why I never have them the time of day I completely ignored them and acted like their comments and notes didn't faze me and by now my friends all knew not to even bother giving me the notes just throw it away. As mean and b*tchy as that may seem, it was just my way if preventing hurt in the long run.

"Nikita! Nikita!" yelling Kim shaking my shoulders, " you spaced out on me again! What were you thinking of so much?" Oh gosh what do I tell her? Tell her I was thinking that Blake was different ? Or tell her that I was just thinking I'd never talk to him because of the other guys? She's one of my best friends so naturally I went with the truth.

" To be honest Kim I was just thinking that Blake seems different he didn't make a pass at me so I was just thinking nothing to worry about" I said . She had the faintest little smile that said I know something that you don't but I went with my better judgement and decided not to ask.

Finally last period! The only bad part was it was Math class. Don't get me wrong I loved Math but the teacher is so boring we actually call her "depression." Devina was yapping away as usual and randomly laughed and turned to me. She asked me if I remembered her friend Blake, the one who told me happy birthday? And I accidentally slipped and said the cute one ? Her eyes widened in surprise to hear me talk about a guy but she ignored and said yes him so guess what what about him? And before I coils reply she was already telling me about how much he has a crush on me and me being me just brushed it off with a laugh and said no doesn't. Somewhere deep down though I did feel that little hint of a butterfly feeling.

I finally got out of that boring class and went to lessons guess for what? Yes math. I was talking to my friend Emilia and then I said Kim smirk at me. I was confused until I saw Blake ask if he could sit next to me. Without making eye contact I told him umm Kim's sitting here and that little traitor jumped up and said oh no I'm sitting with Nina. So he sat next to me and I scooted closer to Emily out of instinct and he looked at me and smiled and asked me if I wanted cake? I was confused and was like cake? I'm such an idiot of course he meant cake what else could he be referring to so I thanked him and declined. Kim turned around and said so ill Skype you tonight ok and looked at him with a straight face. I knew she was up to something! He turned and said so do you mind giving me your Skype name? And I lied and told him that I couldn't remember it so Kim decided to be to he oh so lovely savior and remember it for me and gave it to him.

To be honest though, I wasn't upset that he had it, i was actually curious to know if he would talk to me or just turn out like the others who I ended up blocking.

Later that day while home i saw a message from Skype and it was a request from Blake. I've never been so nervous about something so small as accepting a friend request. I messaged Kim and asked her 3 times if she thought I should accept and everytime she would yell at me to hurry up and accept it. So after convincing myself it was ok to accept his request I did and just waited. You see I was even more nervous about guys due to the fact that my parents were totally anti guy. Because I go to an all girl school, they don't think of the possibly of me having a guy friend even though I go to lessons where there are lots of guys. They aren't very understanding when it comes to the male species or maybe they're just being over protective because I am their first child after all.

While watching tv later that night I got a message from Blake, my heart was beating so fast when I saw his name and I was actually afraid to open it. Finally I did and couldn't help but laugh it said hi ms antisocial who won't take my cake :)

I was stunned, the only I could think at that point in time was wow he's the first guy to make me laugh and to try to talk to me without hitting on me. I hated that I liked him and simply responded with I am not antisocial.

My heart was was telling me I should lighten up and be nicer to him. It my brain was telling me it's the right thing to do by saving yourself in the long run. I sure hoped I was making the right decision.