Chapter 9

Blake's p.o.v

I finally did it!! I told her that I love her! I don't know where I got the courage from but I was happy that I finally didn't have to hide how I felt anymore. The best part is she loved me back! I swear I almost screamed and did a happy dance. I said almost.

I really wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend but I knew that it was too soon for her and I wasn't ready considering the way I've been hurt in the past. I needed to make sure she wouldn't break my heart. I know that she wouldn't intentionally but still.

I knew it was a possibility of her leaving the country to study and I really didn't want that because we all know how difficult long distance relationships are and I wouldn't want to be the one to keep from following her dreams not to mention my insecure side.

I would be paranoid that she meets some other guy who's better looking than me and nicer and she falls for it. I'd hate even more if he's playing her just for her body.

I decided I needed to talk to her best friend who she often calls her sister, Sophie. I told her that I really liked Nikita and I made sure she knew that I would never ever in a million years hurt her. I know I should be telling Nikita this but she wasn't ready to hear it yet and I felt that if I could make her friends feel at ease with me that she would know I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy.

"Hey babe, how's Canada ? Freezing ? " I said to her on Boxing Day. She just came home from shopping and I really couldn't take not hearing her sweet voice anymore. I knew she had to be careful but I really needed to hear her.

"Hey Blakey, it's freezing and I'd love to just cuddle and drink hot chocolate with you " she said with her teeth chattering. Gosh I'd just love to hold her and keep her warm. I loved this girl. I've never felt this at about anyone before. The best part is that my family liked her. My mom especially liked her, she had this thing about wanting lots if pretty grandkids. Weird I know right but that's mom for you.

She hung up unexpectedly and I knew that someone was coming so I just messaged her to not risk her being caught. Later that night I heard my phone vibrating and my entire mood lit up when I saw it was her.

" Hey Blakey just called to say goodnight, I didn't want to sleep without hearing you say goodnight" she half whispered.

" Hi babe, you're so cute, goodnight I love you, don't dream of me too much ok" I said to her and she immediately started giggling saying that she hoped she didn't dream of me cuz then it might be a nightmare. I love that we can joke around with each other and not have to worry about the other taking it personally.

She was honestly a really cool girl beneath the cold front she has and any guy would be lucky to have her. She had the purest heart but yet she had the sarcastic side and not to mention her little attitude which I love. I think it's time I stared asking her these questions that have been nagging at me for a while but I'd wait until she's back home.