Chapter 8: Competition

"How about you, Alex? Saang school ka nag-aral bago rito?" Again the question was set upon me. I can see that our groups are doing well on accompanying each other and we are doing fine on fixing our terms with each other.

We even discussed about the party that night. I told them I'm not really someone to be frightened about because they just really underestimated me that time. Jokes and deals rose for another match which we only laugh at. Now, the topic is about alma maters.

I put the bottle of milk tea down before I answer. "Antrenica University." Then, I reach for the slice of apple from Rennei.

"Wait. What?" Tila nagugulumihanang tanong ni Alexis.

Hindi ko naman na pinansin ang tanong niyang iyon at mas nag-abala sa pagsubo ng prutas. I let my friends and cousin do the work. "Yes. Antrenica University wherein you need to pass their admission test with an almost perfect score to enter. Most of the students are foreigners, elites, geniuses, nerds." Sky stated as he reach for a cup to coffee that the three got for him.

"Adik, alam ko iyon. Wala namang ibang hindi nakakaalam ng tungkol sa eskwelahan na iyon. I mean, except from their one of a kind reputation and exquisite services to their students, that school is known for being strict when it comes to academic grades. They'll squeeze your brain to death!" Alexis said almost hysterical.

"P're, try mo naman kumalma, ano? Kalma. 'Yung puso mo nako."

"Gago."

The others agreed to what the latter said about Antrenica and ignored the idiotic conversation of the two. Rennei gave me the last piece from the slices of apple to join the conversation. "That's right. Well, you see, before she became a bitch like us, she's an outstanding student. Just like any other young lady out there to expect the expectations of an elite family. Antrenica even tolerated a set of complains in order to keep her as one of their treasured trophies."

"Woah. I never expected that I'll be meeting an Antrenica University graduate." Nabulalas na lang ni Marc habang tinatapos ang pangalawang ulit niya ng kanin.