Chapter 23: Hypothesis

SPADE'S POV

"Hay. Tulog na ang loko. Kung makahilik, dinaig pa ang baboy." komento ng kararating lamang na si Alexis sa ngayon ay mahimbing na ang tulog na si Marc.

Good for him then. Unlike me who is still uncomfortable and uneasy ever since we had an encounter with Skyzzer's mother. Sky have talked about his stepmother a lot whenever we have our free time to tackle about our lives but she was way... I don't know. Greater than I expected?

"What does the Ozna say?" Edward asked as he approaches Collen who is quite busy with his music player on his bed. We've been asked to share this huge room by the way. The girls are on the next room while Sky remained in Alex's brother's office for other matters that he emphasized to us as none of our business.

Collen then took his earphones out from his ears with his usual grumpy expression. "Dereen tricked one of them to attain a member's account username and password. With that, Renneisme was able to infiltrate the whole system controlling all the surveillance cameras and other security measures."

Those four were seriously hardheaded and yet still resourceful to find any way to accomplish their mission. But it makes me wonder somehow... Who is the person they are looking for on the party? Why would they risk their lives just to meet that person?

"Don't worry. Pinagsabihan ko naman na sila." pagpapanatag ni Collen sa loob ni Edward, the guy who is almost paranoid on everything.

Sa malaking kwartong kinalalagyan namin, pumwesto ako sa kung saan may bintana akong magagamit para matunghayan ang labas. Kanina ko pa ito napapansin pero parang kalmado ang lahat sa pamamahay na ito. I don't see reapers running back and forth from offices and their respected headquarters for orders. The panic seems unnecessary on the atmosphere either.

Is it because their leader is in control of everything? Does having an Alexander Cromello as the boss that great? Does having the sister of the culprit on our side enough for us to win this one? Domzelles are not fools. They must be scheming something right now.

Pero ano bang motibo nila para dukutin ang babaeng iyon? Is it about the Escape? Is it about being the sister of Alexander Cromello? Which of these? Or is it none of the primary reasons that we could assume of?

"You seem bothered, King."

Napalingon naman ako sa taong nakapansin sa malayo nang pinapupuntahan ng mga iniisip ko. Napansin ko ang matamang tingin sa akin nina Edward kung kaya napaayos naman ako ng pagkakaupo at inalis ang tingin ko sa labas. "Nah. I just feel that this place is you know... very unwelcoming?" palusot ko. Gayunpaman, kalahati naman ng sinabi ko ay totoo.