Newt Imagine 8

TDC SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 

The group were discussing the plan of how they were going to intercept the last city. It being one of the most important moments of the entire plan to getting Minho and the others back. Y/N stood with the others and just listened it, never really being the greatest at planning things before. 

Y/N's focus wasnt on the plan  at the moment, she was observing Newt's actions.. how he was acting, it was different from some reason. She just stayed quiet and continued to glance his way. 

Thomas spoke out about something, seeming to have it directed at Y/N. She shook her head and leaned forward

"hmm? Sorry" Was all she could say, but she wouldnt of got a word in anyway.

Whatever Thomas had said annoyed the hell out of Newt as he looked over to Thomas. 

Newt spat out the words "Like hell Y/N's getting in there Tommy. You want to get her killed?!" He accused and snapped as he took a few steps closer to Thomas who in turn backed up. Y/N had never seen Newt like this. Thomas tried to defend what he said but couldnt.

Newt snapped "DONT LIE TO ME!" He yelled in Thomas' face. Y/N rushed forward and Newt grabbed hold of Thomas. Pulling him back. Newt stumbling slightly as Y/N steadied him. 

"Newt calm down!" Y/N said looking to him. A sadness creeping into his expression. 

Y/N paused as she glanced down to her hand which resided upon Newts arm, having slipped under his sleeve. His skin felt bumpy and she could physically feel his veins.. they were larger and more prominent than usual. Y/N discretely looked to his wrist as she removed her hand.. and just as she expected.. it looked to be..

the flare.

Newt knew that she had seen it. He took in a deep breath before slowly walking past her and out of the room.. soon enough followed by Thomas.

Y/N realized she was running out of time..

They needed to find a cure.. How had Newt got the virus?

Y/N knew one thing... she was going to do everything in her power to save him.