Chapter 3

Dean's POV

"C-cas.. Wh-what happened? Why? Cas.." I stuttered. I saw a display of bright red cuts going across Cas' arm. Why did he do this? Did he want to die? Does he still? Oh Cas. Dammit. Cas didn't say anything, he just looked at me. He pulled down his sleeve and mumbled, "N-Nothing. Don't worry about it Dean. It's none of your concern." He folded his arms up to his chest and tried to read about polynomials. "Cas... Tell me. You can trust me. I'm your friend. You shouldn't have to keep all of that locked away inside. Please?" I begged him to tell me. He sighed and turned to me. He leaned in and spoke quietly and softly, "Dean.. I can't take it anymore. All the notes. The beatings. I'm even getting text messages now. I just want it to be over. Permanently." His voice cracked on the last word. "I have nothing to live for anymore, Dean. There is no hope for me in life anymore. I'm just a waste of space." I could tell he was holding back tears. He let one fall down his face but dried it up almost immediately. "Cas. I'm so sorry. You are not a waste of space, okay? You do have something to live for. Okay? I promise you. I will be with you every day to help you figure out what that is if I have to. I'm here for you. I always will be. You can come to me for anything. You are so much more important than what you think." I put my hand on his shoulder and rubbed my thumb to try and comfort him. He looked up and smiled at me. He wiped his eyes and said,"Thank you, Dean. I might take you up on that.."

We got back to work and before long the bell rang. We walked to 2nd bell together and on the way Crowley walked up.

"Oh, you got yourself a little boyfriend, huh Cassie?" Crowley said. Castiel just looked down and didn't do anything. Crowley pushed Cas by the shoulders, "Answer me, fag!" How could he do this to somebody? I spoke up and said, " Hey, Crowley, stop it. Now." He averted his attention to me and said, "Oh look. The boyfriend is standing up for his little fag! How sweet!"

I wasn't going to take any of his shit, I right hooked him in the jaw. He bumped into the lockers and tried to tgain his balance. While he did I said to Cas, "Go. Get to class. I'll be there shortly." Cas looked at me and walked off as fast as possible without running.

I turned on my heels to face Crowley, "Now. What's this I hear about you calling my best friend a fag? And useless? And multiple other things? Because from the looks of it, that's a perfect definition of you." I punched him in the head, "You have nothing to live for except make other peoples lives a living Hell. You are so pathetic." I kicked him in the stomach and left to class.

Did I just call Cas my best friend? I guess so.

When I walked into the room Cas looked like he was having a nervous break down. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked. "You just beat the shit out of Crowley in my defense. He's going to kill me later.. I'm a little worried." He replied. "Don't worry. I have a feeling he won't mess with you again." Cas looked up at me and gave a sad smile. I sat down in my seat next to him. "I'm serious, Cas.. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Okay?" He just looked at me and shook his head yes. I can't believe the stuff he's been through. I'm gonna try my best to make it stop. Nobody deserves it. Especially Castiel.

In the middle of class I handed Cas a note.

"Hey, you wanna come over tonight? Since it's Friday you can stay all night if you want.. you don't have to though..."

Cas looked at me and smiled and shook his head yes. He looked happy.. he looked surprised as well. Has he never been to somebody's house before? Either way, I'm gonna make sure he has a good time. Hopefully I can make him forget about all of the shit thats been going on with him.

I caught up with him after school, "Hey, Cas!" He stopped and turned around. When he saw me he smiled.

I like his smile. He has a nice smile.