Chapter 6

Castiel's POV

"Thank you, Dean. I'll see you later." I got out of his car and walked inside to my house. "Hi, Honey." I walked past my mom and up the stairs to my room. I closed and locked the door. Is he fucking serious? Lisa? He's taking that whore to prom? I didn't think Dean would go that low.

He could've taken me to prom.

Yeah. I like Dean. I really like Dean. If he would just open his big beautiful green stupid eyes and see that I'm right fucking here. The one that he needs to be with. But no, he goes for Lisa. Out of everyone. Lisa. I don't know why I had my hopes up so high. Dean would never have asked me to prom anyways. He's straight. I'm so stupid. That was a blow to the stomach, finding out he's going with Lisa.

I picked my phone up a little later on and saw that I had three text messages from Dean. The corner of my mouth turned up slightly. I opened the messages.

"Hey Cas"

"Cas, you okay buddy? You seemed a little upset when you left."

"Cas. Please answer me."

I started typing a response.

"I'm fine, Dean. Thank you for your concern."

I got a response a few minutes later.

"Cas, I know you. What's wrong?"

"Dean. It's not of import. Please stop. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow buddy."

You, you idiot. It's you. You're what's wrong with me. I put my earbuds in and turned my music all the way up. I did my homework and laid down for a little while.

I changed into a hoodie and sweatpants and went downstairs to get something to eat. I found left over pizza in the refrigerator and ate it. I love cold pizza. I could here Gabriel and Michael fighting in the other room. I rolled my eyes and went back to my room.

-The next day, during lunch-

"So are you taking anyone to prom, Cas?" Dean took a bite of his burger and looked at me. I shook my head no, "No. I don't think I'm even going to go." Dean swallowed, "Why? You'll have fun!" I sighed. I don't want to talk about prom. Especially with Dean. "No, Dean. I don't want to go. I'm sorry. You'll have fun with Lisa." She'll probably want you to fuck her in a classroom. How romantic. Dean nodded, "Alright. You'll be missing out, man." I shrugged and took a bite of my wrap. I got up and started walking to my next class. Charlie is the only one who knows I like Dean. She walked up next to me. "Hey, Cassie. What's wrong?" I looked at her. "Dean, huh?" Was it that obvious? I nodded, "Yeah. Dean. He's taking Lisa to prom."

"Oh I'm sorry Cas. It's okay. You can still go and have fun with Jo and I though. We don't have dates."

I shook my head, "No, I'm not going period."

"Cassie! Come on! Please!?"

"I'm sorry, Charlie." I walked into my classroom, leaving her in the hallway. I don't want to go if I can't be with Dean. After the day was over I started walking home. I didn't want a ride from Dean today. When I was halfway home, the impala pulled up by me. "Hey cas, what are you doing? I was waiting for you at school for the last 15 minutes."

"I felt like walking. I'm sorry I didn't notify you, Dean."

"Well, do you want me to drive you the rest of the way home?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm fine. Thank you though." I smiled shyly and started walking faster. Dean sighed and drove off.

-A few hours before prom-

"Come on, Cas." Charlie pleaded from the other end of the phone, I could hear Jo in the back ground, "Please?"

"I'm sorry, Girls. I don't even have a tux."

"Leave that to us." Jo said.

-Prom-

Jo and Charlie walked in to the gymnasium, leaving me in the hallway. I took a deep breath and straightened my bow tie. I still can't believe I'm going to prom. I walked through the doors and saw Dean right away. He turned around and saw me. His mouth dropped a little. "Hello, Dean."