Chapter 11

Castiel's POV

Dean walked back out into the room. At first I thought he was okay, but once I really looked at him I saw he was hurt. Emotionally and physically. There was a big red mark on his face that looked like it stung and that it was going to bruise. I stood up immediately, "Dean, what happened?! There's a hand print.. Did he hit you?" He nodded. Sometimes I can't stand John Winchester. Mary stood up, not saying a word, a nonchalant expression on her face and walked out of the room. I payed no attention to her. My attention was all on Dean. "Baby, what happened?" Dean explained what had happened and how John had hit him. I felt like tearing John a new one. Fucking assbutt. I sat down with Dean, trying to tend to him. To comfort him as much as I could. I got Dean smiling again, which of course made me happy to see. Mary and John came back into the room and looked at Dean and I. Mary nudged him and John said, "Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm not happy for you. Congrats, Dean." He gave a fake (obviously fake) smile and went upstairs. Mary smiled and went into the kitchen. Sam looked around and then followed Mary. Dean looked at me with those beautiful eyes, "Well.. That's out now." I smiled and kissed his cheek. Dean intertwined our fingers and said, "I love you." I smiled and nodded, "And I love you." We walked out to the back yard and looked at the morning sky. We sat in the bench swing and just stayed there, together. Content with each other, irrevocably in love. I wish every day could be like this. Me and my lover. Maybe it's too soon, but I want to be with this boy forever. It can't get better than this.

I was wrong though. It got better.

After sitting for a while Dean stood up, and smiled at me. It was more of a smirk though. It was around 1 in the afternoon by now. Dean went inside and came back out in shorts and an old t-shirt. Wait. Is he really in shorts? He doesn't wear shorts. I like it. Show off those legs, baby. I tilted my head in confusion as to why he changed clothes. "Dean.. What are you doing?" He shrugged, "It's getting hot, thought I'd change. My mom wants us to water the flowers for her out here, too." I nodded. He grabbed the water hose and turned the water on. He starting watering his mother's flowers. "I'll be right back." I said. He was right, it was getting hot. I went in and put on a pair of his shorts that I had no idea he even owned. I walked back out and snuck up behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, startling him slightly. I chuckled and kissed his cheek. I squeezed my arms tighter around him, giving him a big bear hug. "Cas, c'mon baby.. Let me finish." I didn't respond, still hugging him. I kissed his shoulder blade. "Fine.", he took the hose and held it above my head, drowning me in water. "Dean!" I squealed out, the water is freezing! I let go and ran away from him. He chased me, spraying me still. I'm fucking soaked! "Dean Winchester! Stop!" I laughed in between my words. "Dean, stop it!" I held my arms out to try and block the water, not doing so well at that either. "Sorry, baby! I can't do that!"

Why does this feel so familiar?

He laughed and ran the other way in the big back yard. I chased after him. My feet squishing in the wet green grass. I tackled Dean down to the ground. "Gotcha!" Dean laughed at me, "Yeah, you did." I laid my body on top of his, his smell surrounding me. He looked at me in a way I've never seen him do before. Love in his eyes, his smile, his voice. He leaned up and kissed me, I kissed back. His body now wet from mine laying on him. He laid his head down, and I laid my head on his chest. My soaking wet hair drenching his shirt. "I love you, Cas." I laid a hand on his chest, "I love you too, Dean." I smiled.

The dream! That's what this is! Oh my gosh!

I smiled at remembering I had already dreamed this.

A little over a year ago I was a depressed, suicidal teenager with no friends or hope for anything. Look at me now. Now I have friends, an amazing boyfriend who I love with every ounce of my being, and I'm happy. Life can't get better. Dean and I laid their for a little while.

"Let's go get dried off, hm?" Dean said. I got up off of him and intertwined out fingers. We walked upstairs to his room and got into pajamas, I have no idea why. Just to relax together I suppose. Dean laid down on his bed and I turned his radio on. "Forever And Always" by Parachute was on. I actually like this band. I walked over and laid down by Dean. I turned on my side so I could see him. I started singing along, "and he said I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together forever and always." Dean smiled. "What? What is it?" I asked. He was still smiling and slightly shook his head, "Just the lyrics. I like them. Sing for me." I smiled at him and nodded. I started singing where the song picked up, "where they would stay, stay there forever. Forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, and always remember weather for rich or for poor or for better. We'll still love each other forever and always." I must have closed my eyes while I was singing. I opened them and saw Dean staring at me again, and what looked like he was getting emotional. "Dean?" He nodded and sniffed, pulling back all emotion that was about to be poured out. "I'm fine, baby. I just love you. That's all." I nodded and scooted closer to him. "I love you too, baby." I lay my head on his chest. "I really like that song, Cas." Dean said, "We'll love each other forever and always, right? I know I will. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. Right?" I smiled and nodded against his chest, "Of course. Forever and always." I replied.

"Good. Because I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Me either. Crash and burn.. Be a man whore.. There's many possibilities." I laughed.

"I was just having a moment there, Cas.. I was realizing how much I need and love you.." He laughed softly.

I looked up at him and kissed him, "I know, my love. No need to explain."

"But I feel that I do need to explain. I want to tell you why I love you so much.. When you came in, the air went out. You were my new life support, Cas. You're my everything."

I laid my head back down, speechless. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling myself closer to him. "That was beautiful, I didn't know you could say such sweet things."

He ran his fingers through my hair. I moved my fingers up and down his back. "I don't want to cut this short, at all, but I need to get home.. I should've been home a while ago, baby." Dean sighed and nodded. "We should go then.." We got up and changed into normal clothes and walked downstairs, only Mary downstairs. "I'm taking Cas home, mom. Be back soon." Mary smiled, "it was great having you over, Cas. Come back anytime!" I smiled and thanked her. Dean and I walked to his car.

We pulled up my driveway and Dean stopped the car. "If I don't see you tomorrow, I'll pick you up on Monday for school. I love you, baby." Dean said as he turned to me. I nodded, "I love you too, darling." I leaned over and kissed him, not being cautious that someone could see us. Perfect ending to a beyond perfect day with the love of my life. The kiss was getting passionate so I pulled back, "Dean, somebody could see us.. We need to be careful." I warned him. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know.. I just can't help it sometimes." He smiled cheekily. I rolled my eyes and pecked him on the lips, "I love you. Thank you for today.. It was perfect." I opened the door and got out. While I was walking up to my front door I looked up. I saw a figure in an upstairs window.

Oh my god. Lucifer.

I dropped some of my stuff and ran inside.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuck.