Chapter 5

-5 months later, in April-

Dean's POV

I honked my horn, waiting for Cas. If he doesn't hurry we'll be late for school. A few minutes later Castiel walked out of the house, pulling his over coat on.

"Hurry up! We're already gonna be late for first bell." He glared at me and walked to the other side of the impala and got in.

"Good morning to you too, Dean." He strapped his seat belt on and I pulled out of his driveway. "Yeah yeah, good morning angel boy." I smiled at him, though he didn't seem very amused. "Dean, I have told you not to call me that." I mocked him while he said it. "Dean, that isn't funny anymore!" I kept mocking him.

After a few moments I stopped and laughed. He sighed, "Did you get your homework finished?" I rolled my eyes, "Yes, father. I did." He smiled shyly and replied with, "Good. You need to do it." We sat quietly for the rest of the ride to school. It isn't awkward between us, not like it would be with any of my other friends. Me and Cas have grown close to each other over the past few months though. He is my best friend now.

After I parked my car, we went inside and got our late passes. As we walked to class Crowley turned the corner. I glared at him the whole time. He didn't do anything. I could tell that Cas had gotten a little tense, but I'm pretty sure I've put Crowley in his place. He hasn't messed with Cas for a while now. He knows better.

We're still working on what Cas is meant to do. It's not cars, music, sports, art, or being social. That's for sure. We don't know what to do next, to be honest.

We walked into class and handed the teacher our passes. As we walked to our seats, some jackass upfront looked at us and makes kissey faces. Cas walked further ahead and I gritted my teeth. I slid in my seat and tried to pay attention for the remainder of the class.

That didn't work though. Go figure. I started thinking of that. Would it be so bad if Cas and I did kiss? I wouldn't mind to be hones-no Dean. Stop it. I looked at Cas, sitting infront of me. His hair all messy, but still looked good actually. What if my fingers were tangled in his hair while we were-dammit Dean!

The bell rang and jerked me out of my thoughts. I looked up to Castiel staring at me. "Dean? You there? Let's go to class.. Come on." I nodded, "yeah, yeah. Sorry." I got up and walked to class with Cas.

The same thing happened in that class too. I didn't focus. I was thinking of Cas. In ways I shouldn't be thinking of Cas, to say no less. What's going on with me? I'm not going gay for my best friend.

I'm not going gay for my best friend, am I?

Cas noticed me not paying attention and nudged me. He nodded towards the front of the class for me to pay attention. I shook my head slightly and blinked my eyes, Cas tilted his head slightly and looked confused. As if he was asking what was wrong. I shook it off, why in the hell would I want to tell him what I was thinking about? I'm not crazy.

Well, not that crazy.

Throughout the day I noticed things about Cas. His smile, his eyes, the way he holds himself. I came up with a conclusion: I'm delusional and insane.

There is no way in hell I'm going to fall for him. No. Especially not with prom coming up. I am into girls. And that is that. I'm even taking Lisa to prom. I asked her at lunch.

"Hello, Dean." I looked at Cas sitting on the hood of my car, waiting for me. "Hey, Cas." I got in the car and unlocked his door. He got in and put his seatbelt on. "So I got some cool news." I said to him. "Oh, and what's that, Dean?" I looked at him and said, "I'm taking Lisa to the junior prom." I smiled. Cas' mouth turned down for a second and then he - what it looked like - forcingly smiled. "Oh, good for you, Dean! I'm happy for you." He turned his head to look out the window the rest of the ride home.