Chapter 17

Sophia's POV

Four days later, I hadn't spoken a word to Niall or any of the other guys. It hurt too much because they all just reminded me of Niall. Right now, I was sitting in lunch, but I was being MUCH quieter than I usually am. Lisa noticed and she nudged my side.

"Soph, what's up? You've barely spoken these past few days and I haven't heard about or seen you and Niall together. Did something happen?" She knew me all too well. I nodded slightly before looking up at her. I hadn't cared much these past few days about what I've worn. Right now, I'm wearing a pair of black leggings and an over sized wool sweater, my hair is in a ponytail and I'm wearing moccasins.

"My mom. She made me break up with Niall." I told her the story and all the while, I couldn't help but play with the locket he gave me. There was no way in hell I was gonna part with something so precious that he gave me. When I finished, Lisa let out a long sigh before pulling me into a hug.

"Don't worry Soph. Everything happens for a reason. Things will turn around, I promise." I gave her a weak smile before sniffling.

"I hope so." I mumbled into her shoulder.

Lisa's POV

I couldn't believe Sophia's mom. I mean, yea she was just looking out for her daughter, but couldn't she see how much pain she was causing her? When school was over, I immediately called Harry. Yes, I have Harry's number. Hell, I have all the guys' numbers. My best friend/sister is dating one of them. I need to know how to reach her no matter what.

"Lisa? Haven't heard from you or Sophia in a few days. What's up?" Harry's tone was surprised.

"Hey Harry. And I know what happened." I heard him make a bit of a confused sound on the other line. "As in what happened with Sophia and Niall." Harry let out a sigh.

"She broke up with him, harshly might I add." There was a bit of annoyance now.

"Not by choice."

"What do you mean?"

"Get the guys and put your phone on speaker." Harry agreed and I heard some yelling and shuffling before everyone said hello.

"Is Niall there too? He especially has to hear this."

"Yea. I'm here." I heard Niall say and it sounded like his mouth was full of food. Typical Niall.

"Sophia didn't break up with you by choice. Her mom made her. She said that Niall was just the typical famous pop star. She said that he was going to use her to get what he wanted then leave her. Sophia wouldn't believe her mom and refused to break up with Niall, but her mom broke up for her." There was a silence on the other line.

"She's been absolutely heartbroken. And that necklace you gave her Niall? She refuses to take it off because she says it's too precious to her."

"So she still cares about me. But what can I do if her mum thinks I'll just break her heart?" Niall muttered with hope but then sadly.

"I think I know." Liam spoke up. "I think I know of a way we can prove that you won't hurt her."

"Oooooo. Daddy direction has a plan. This should be good." Louis teased as the call went on and we all payed close attention to what was going to be done.

Sophia's POV

It's Saturday now, and I still haven't spoken to any of the guys. It just feels like the more time that passes, the more my heart hurts. On top of that, Lisa has been way too busy to hang out with me to take my mind off things. I sighed as I sat down on my couch, watching food network with my mom. I was surfing the web when I got a text.