FIVE

Chapter Five

Road Trip

I know that I said I have no friends at school, and that is almost completely true. But, I do have one friend, one very unexpected friend. One that no one knows I have. His name is Danny. He and I met one day after lacrosse practice, he almost hit me with his car and since then, we have been friends. During school hours we don't really talk seeing as how I'm always with Stiles and he is always, well, not.

"Dad, it's just for a couple nights." I spoke as I packed a small bag, I was putting four outfits in there along with some pajamas and other necessities like toiletries. I caught myself almost backing feminine products, a frown pulled at my lips but I shook it off quickly. I turned towards my dad after zipping the bag. "I just- I need some relaxation time and he invited me to go with him on a short little road trip. It'll only be for three nights. I'll be fine. I'm 16."

My father sighed, knowing that I needed this for whatever reason and that he couldn't stop me even if he wanted to. My dad walked towards me and pulled me into a hug. "Just- be careful okay?" I smiled at him. "Always."

A car horn sounded from outside. "That's him! Bye dad, I love you." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing my phone and racing out of my room. On my way down the hall I ran into the boys. I stopped and smiled at them, the bag was slung over one of my shoulders and my hair was in a messy ponytail.

"Tori?" My brother asked. "Where are you going?" Scott looked at me with curiosity as my brother questioned me.

"I'm going on a short trip, with a good friend." I smiled, not giving a name. If I'm being honest I did this on purpose, wanting to make Scott a little jealous. I know it's petty... I blame it on the hormones.

"Is this friend a girl?" Stiles asked me, clearly interrogating me. I shook my head slightly. "Nope. Bye now!" I pushed passed them and ran out the house. A smile grew on my face as I saw Danny's car. I'm so happy to see him, you have no idea.

I throw my stuff in the trunk and quickly hop in the passenger seat. I look over at Danny with a smile. "Hey girl." He smiles at me, I lean over and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, you are literally a lifesaver." I sighed as we drove off. "San Diego here we come!" I smile widely at Danny.

"So, what was so urgent that you have to leave town for a weekend?" Danny asked after an hour and a half of screaming to the radio. I let out a sigh, knowing that I was going to tell Danny everything. Literally everything, even about the thing growing inside me.

I felt my heart race with nervousness, should I tell him? Yeah. I have to. "I did something bad, Danny." I begin, a groan leaving my lips as I turned down the radio.

"Bad like stole some candy or robbed a bank?" He asked, clearly wondering the severity of what I'd done. "Bad like I had sex with my brothers best friend." I spoke quietly, loud enough though that he could hear the words coming from my mouth.

The car fell silent. "How is that a bad thing? Scott McCall is the hottest guy in school and he is your brothers friend so if anything comes of it, Stiles already approves." Danny smiled widely. His smile faltered when he saw my frown. "Okay... I'm getting a sense that that isn't the only thing bothering you?"

I shook my head, a frown etched on my face. I wonder if I'll ever really smile again, ever be as happy as I used to be. "Danny, of course there is more." I sighed for the fifth time. "Remember a week ago, when I fainted and had to go to the hospital?" His head nodded, while focusing on both driving and listening to me. "Well, everything came out fine. I'm perfectly healthy...but, there was something else."