TWENTY

Chapter Twenty

As You Lay Dying

"You do?" I rose a brow, crossing my arms over my chest. I quickly dropped my arms though, my boobs were sore and the pressure of my arms wasn't helping at all.

I tilted my head to the side and leaned back in the metal chair Deaton set up in the room for me. Stiles looked guilty as he eyed me, he knows something.

"Stiles, do you know where Scott is?" I asked, trying to just get a straight answer from him, I suddenly feel so out of the loop. I mean, I know that last night I told Stiles I wanted out for awhile, but that doesn't mean i don't wanna know what's happening! Besides, I'm hormonal, I don't really know what I want.

Stiles rubbed the back of his neck and pulled a face, "Yeah, I do." My stomach dropped, are you kidding me? "Just let me call him." I scoffed and leaned back further in annoyance. Scott better not answer that phone, I mean if he's been ignoring me he should do the same to Stiles. It's only fair, right?

Stiles pulled out his phone and scrolled for a moment, trying to find Scott's contact I assume. I brought my lip between my teeth as Stiles put the phone to his ear. I could vaguely hear the ringing of the line, it rang three times before Stiles said, "hello."

To say I felt betrayed, would be an understatement. My 'boyfriend' has been ignoring my calls, yet he answers Stiles on the third ring? Why is he doing this? I just want answers.

Like why he didn't come when I screamed for him at the school? Or why he didn't save me when Deucalion threatened mine and Melissa's lives? Deucalion could've killed us both, my babies included.

Deep down I know he has a reason, I mean he has to; no one just does that because they can. Scott isn't like that. For whatever reason, in the moment he thought he was making the right call. . . I have to believe that.

I sat in a chair, still in the veterinary clinic with everyone. Stiles and Deaton left not too long ago to get Scott. Regardless of our issues, I hope he's okay, I don't know what I'd do if he was hurt.

"Are you okay?" Isaac's voice broke me from my thoughts. I looked up from my lap, letting go of the locket around my neck. I had been nervously running the locket along the gold chain for the past thirty minutes.

Isaac was crouched beside me, putting him at eye level with my stomach; but instead of staring at my growing belly, he looked in my eyes. This made me feel a little bit more confident in talking to him.

"Honestly? I'm not sure." I let out an breath, crossing my arms over my chest as I shook my head. Isaac didn't say anything, instead waiting for me to speak. He was listening and I appreciated that.

I bit my lip, "I'm worried about Scott, but I'm really mad at him." I confessed, furrowing my brows in deep thought. Would I be able to move past this? I wanted, more than anything, a relationship with Scott, but do I still want that? With everything going on?

Yes. I know I do, I just think I need time to process everything. I do know, however, that I'll always forgive Scott, because... I love him. Oh god, I love him? I mean, I guess I knew I loved him, but I can't believe it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still completely pissed with him but, I love him.

"Scott didn't want to leave you with Deucalion, if that makes any difference. He wanted to go get you but, Derek said that you and Melissa would be fine." I could feel my heart expanding at this revelation, and a cloud cleared over my head, giving me space for relief. "Derek feels bad about the whole thing, of course."