FORTY-NINE

Chapter Forty-Nine
Kira Knows the New Girl?

Some days, I really don't like my brother and Scott. And I don't know if it's the hormones or the fact that they're just really good at pissing me off-- it's probably the hormones. This morning I'm pissed off because I only got five and a half hours of sleep last night. And it wasn't even good quality sleep. Janie kept kicking me all night and it was irritating. 

I now was brushing my hair while Scott debriefed me on what happened in Mexico with Derek, who's now a child. Apparently they went to a club, where Scott ended up getting electrocuted by Kira-- because of this hunter family called the Calavera's, then they found out that Kate is alive and was turned when Peter killed her with his claws, and finally Scott almost got killed by a big guy wearing a barbarian suit. 

What have I gathered from this? Well, it's pretty obvious that my boyfriend/father of my two babies has little to no care for the safety of himself. Which is incredibly unfair towards me! I get shit every single day about how I'm not being careful enough, I shouldn't be lifting things, I need to stay safe and away from the supernatural. But, here he is, putting his life on the line! 

My eyes narrowed at my boyfriend and I pointed the brush in his direction. "You can't do that." I stated simply, which made him frown with this confused puppy dog look on his face. "Can't do what?" 

I rolled my eyes, turning toward the bathroom to put the hairbrush away and grab my coconut oil. "You can't expect me to lock myself in a padded room so I'm completely safe while you go and get yourself killed. That's not fair, Scott." 

I walked back into the room to look Scott in the eyes, my shirt was pulled over my bump while I rubbed the bit of oil over my stretching skin. Luckily I only had a handful of stretchmarks and they were all on my hips, not really my stomach yet. I did have a dark line running down the center of my stomach, though.

Scott was standing by the bed, half way through with packing my school bag for me. "I'm pregnant. We're going to have two babies in like..." I did a quick mental calculation while putting my shirt back down, "twelve weeks. You can't be careless and get yourself killed-- in turn leaving me alone to raise two kids. That's not fair. To me or your babies." 

My arms were now crossed over my chest as I gauged his reaction. Scott wasn't mad, he seemed almost, understanding. He set my, now packed, bag on the bed beside his own and walked over until he was standing in front of me. 

Scott put his hands on either side of my head, making me look up at him as he spoke. "I'm sorry. I'll be more careful, I promise." He placed a kiss to my lips, soft and lingering. I smiled up at him slightly, "thank you." 

♡♡♡

Once we got to the school, I immediately broke off from Scott and Stiles and went to find Malia. She was having a rough time at school and I offered to help her with History before class. I found her in front of the school, standing by the gym. 

She looked cute in her maroon leather jacket and her blonde-brown hair done in curls. I gave her a smile, waving to get her attention, "Malia, hey." Her brown eyes were on me in an instant and her confused look was exchanged for a frown. 

Malia walked over to me, handing me something wrapped in a napkin and then took my bag off my shoulder.  I frowned, why did she always have to take my bag? I felt bad for everyone carrying my books everywhere. I swear, as soon as I'm not pregnant, I'm going to be carrying her bag everywhere as thanks for all her kindness. "You shouldn't be carrying that. I brought you a doughnut," she motioned to the napkin.