TEN

Chapter Ten

Maybe It's Psychological?

I woke up feeling completely exhausted. With school, work, and my nightmares....I feel so overwhelmed and tired. It's now Friday and I'm seriously regretting my choice of joining cross-country. We have to leave today for a meet and I am so not ready for it. Luckily I was able to get out of work for the afternoon though, which makes me feel better.

"Why did you let me join cross-country?" I asked my brother, a frown on my face. Stiles sighed and pulled me outside to the jeep, we have to get to the school early to get on a stupid bus. I was wearing my black nike spandex under my grey sweatpants which I paired with my white cropped tank top. I also wore my locket and charm bracelet, my hair was in its natural waves and I wore no makeup. "You'll be fine. Do you have everything you need? Vitamins, snacks, clothes?" I rolled my eyes, he sounded like my dad, honestly.

"Yes, I have everything. Can we just go now? I wanna get this over with." My voice came out in a tired whine, which usually I wouldn't use but, considering my exhaustion and the ridiculous hour I was woken up at, it's okay. Right? I blame it on the hormones... Stiles started the jeep and off we were to school. "Should you even be running? Considering your... condition?" My eyes snapped to him in a fury, how dare he. 

"They're not a condition, they're babies, Stiles. And yes, my doctor said it was fine." I snapped at him slightly, crossing my arms over my chest with a frown. Stiles turned his eyes back to the road. "Geez, I was just asking. No need to bite my head off or anything." I rolled my eyes again, but sighed this time. 

I bit my lip. "Look, I'm sorry." I ran a hand through my hair. "My emotions are everywhere and I'm so exhausted lately...not to mention the fact that I'm going to get fat, I don't want to get fat Stiles." My mind began racing at the idea of getting as huge as the lady in the waiting room. 

Stiles patted my knee with his hand in a comforting manner. "Don't worry, I'm sure you won't get that fat and even if you do, I'll love you regardless." I let out a slight chuckle at that, "woah, thanks for those words of encouragement." I spoke sarcastically, but he just smiled over at me. "That's what I'm here for." 

Within the next hour and a half we were on the bus and I was sat next to Stiles, Scott sitting in the seat across the isle from us. I leaned my head on the window and watched Scott out of the corner of my eye. We hadn't had a full conversation since he told me his secret, if I'm being honest I'm still a little upset with him over the fact that he lied to me... but, I'm trying to move past it and be civil and understanding. 

Last night something happened. The boys won't tell me what exactly happened, only that Derek is dead and there was a fight that Scott got hurt in. I leaned over my brother and looked at Scott. "Are you okay?" I whispered, concern evident on my face. He was wincing at every bump in the road. Stiles looked at Scott too. "I knew we shouldn't of come."

Scott winced again. "We had to, safety in numbers. Also, we can't leave you without protection." He gave me a look. I rolled my eyes at that. "You're not even okay enough to do anything. You should have stayed home." I glared at him a little bit, I did not need protection. I could protect myself, and even so, Stiles was here, and so was... Isaac? 

"No, I'm alright." He was far from alright, and that much was obvious by the sweat beading on his forehead. Stiles looked at Scott worriedly. "Well, you don't look alright. Would you just let me see it?" "I'm okay." Scott responded, not convincingly at all. 

I shot him a look and snapped a little bit. "Just let us see it, Scott." He sighed and nodded. "Okay." I gasped when he lifted up his shirt and revealed his wounds. It was bad, so bad that it made me feel nauseous, I had to look away before I blew chunks and made coach mad. "Oh dude..." Stiles cringed at the sight.