Chapter One

The sound of my alarm goes off and I grumble. I turn it off, push the blanket off my sweaty body and slowly sit up on my bed, rubbing my eyes. I sit there and eventually have to force myself to stand up. After a few seconds, I shuffle towards the bathroom and look into the mirror. Rubbing my eyes, I decide to take a shower.

I take my boxers off and toss them into the basket that is full of dirty clothes by now. I sigh at the sight and remind myself to wash the clothes as soon as I get home. I step into the shower and turn the water on. Although it's already October, the weather is surprisingly hot and even though it is warm, I wait for the water to heat up.

I stand there with my eyes half closed and then slowly step under the shower head. The water runs down my body and helps me to relax. I've never been a friend of summer, although I love when my skin is tanned. I wash my body with the left overs that are still in the bottle and then quickly wash my hair.

Since it's warm outside and it will get even warmer, I decide to wear a light blue shirt, black shorts and navy blue vans. I fix my hair in the mirror of the hall and adjust my fringe. I look at my blue eyes that seem to have lost their brightness throughout the years and sigh seeing a new pimple on my chin. Girls have it so much easier with Make Up and shit. I throw my backpack onto my left shoulder, stuff the keys into my pocket and leave the house.

I turn into the parking lot at school and leave my car as close to the entrance as possible. I step out of my car and lock it. Way too many people that I have never seen before pass me by as I walk up the stairs to get to my locker.

The "Welcome back to school. Seniors enjoy your last year!" banner that hangs there every year is still hanging on the blackboard and I grin a little to myself, knowing that it's my last here. School began almost 5 weeks ago and this damn thing is still hanging there. I walk to my locker and open it, taking my book for algebra out.

"Tomlinson" I hear someone calling my last name. I turn around and see the boy approaching me with a huge smile on his face. "Hey Niall" I say and wave at him. "Can you help me with French this weekend? I know that I am probably bothering you and I wouldn't if it wasn't important but I got this test next-" "Stop jabbering. Of course I will" I cut him off and see his face light up a little more. "Thank you so much. I owe you something!" he says, patting my shoulder. "See you at lunch?" he asks me and I nod. Niall leaves without any further words and I close my locker. I make my way to class and sit down. The bell rings and the teacher starts the lesson.

I don't pay too much attention and think about the things I still have to do. Wash the clothes, do groceries, pay the ticket I got last week because I accidentally ran over a sign... After a few minutes, there's a knock on the door that pulls me out of my own world and I look up. Zayn gets in and apologizes to the teacher for being late. Zayn Malik. One of the most attractive guys in Doncaster, pretty smart but sadly straight. Even if he wasn't, I am way too shy to talk to him…or generally just to talk to anybody.

I can count the amount of my friends on my fingers who I either know since primary school or through these primary school friends. I've never had a good relation with people and it got worse over the years. "Tomlinson, do you know the answer?" my teacher asks me. I sit up straight, realizing that I zoned out again. "uhm.. No, I'm sorry" I say and feel my cheeks redden and my heart beating faster. "Pay attention and I want to talk to you after class." "Yes, Miss" I answer and copy the tasks from the board. I try my hardest to keep up with the stuff but I catch myself zoning out over and over again.

The bell finally rings and I stuff my note book into my backpack, taking the book into my hands. Everyone leaves the room and I walk over to her desk. "You wanted to talk to me, Miss Calder?" I half ask and half state. She nods and then looks at me. "Louis, you've been always one of my best students but since the year started you hardly pay attention. Do you have any problems outside of school?" she asks me with her piercing brown eyes.