Chapter Eight

(A/N: I am just writing to distract myself from post-concert depressions so sorry if it is not good)

Louis' P.O.V:

I smile to myself and whisper into the phone. "Good night Haz." Instead of ending the call, I mute my mic and get up to grab my headphones. I plug them in and lie down again. I listen to Harry's snores for a while and drift off to sleep as well.

Harry's P.O.V:

I am sitting on my bed, trying to make my phone work again but looks like luck is not on my side. How am I supposed to tell mom and dad? I am so afraid that they will be upset with me.

"Harry! Zayn is here!" my mother shouts and snaps me out of my thoughts. I quietly huff. Why did he come? I told him that it may cause trouble with Louis and that's something I definitely don't want. Louis may not come over today but you never know. I hear footsteps and then Zayn walks inside my room like any other time.

"Hey Harold." Zayn teases me and I roll my eyes. "That's not my name." I remark and he laughs. "Yeah, I know. Just like teasing you." He chuckles and sits in one of the globes. "So, why did you come?" I ask him and desperately throw my phone on the pillow.

"I came to talk to you." he answers and I give him a confused look. "About what?" I ask and get up. I sit in the other globe and face Zayn. " 'bout Louis."

His answer surprises me and I try to hide my curiosity. "Okaaaaay" my voice comes out much higher than I thought it would. "Did he tell you what happened in the past few months?" he quests and I shake my head.

"Oh alright. Well I don't know if I am allowed to tell you then... Maybe he doesn't want to tell or he wants to tell you himself." Zayn hesitates and I nearly jump at him. "C'mon, you started it now finish it." I push and he sighs after a while. "Alright, I am going to tell you but if Louis doesn't talk about it, don't bring it up."

Louis P.O.V:

Sundays have always been the lazy days and I used to love them but right now I hate them more than everything. I have to clean the house, even my mother's room and I am more than afraid to go into that room.

I don't want to be disappointed about the number of found bottles inside or to see something I shouldn't. It feels wrong to go inside her room. I feel like I am invading her privacy. On the other hand, I don't have a choice. I have to clean it. I walk from the living room upstairs and turn to the right to go to my parents bedroom. Well, mom's bedroom actually.

I want to clean this room first because the earlier it's clean, the earlier this heavy weight will be lifted off my shoulders.

I stare at the door for full five minutes. I can't do this. Not alone. I am annoyed about my weakness but I am not ready to face this alone. I call Niall and 20 minutes later, he arrives.

"Are you okay Lou?" he asks me with a concerned look and I shake my head. "No but I have to do this."

Niall takes my hand in his and squeezes it. "I am here." and then he opens the door. We enter the room and I don't know if I should be upset or cry. I notice that the second option is less in my control because the tears are already streaming down my face. "How could she?!" I shout and Niall presses me tightly into his body.

"How could she drink so much after everything that happened?!" I repeat myself and cry harder. My best friend pulls me even closer to him and we stand there for a few minutes. I lay my head on Niall's shoulder and he strokes my head. "Lou, let it out. You have the right to be upset." he says and he's damn right. I am allowed to be mad at my mother... who drank too much and is in the hospital, maybe even going to die. No, I can't be mad at her. She needs me and she definitely needs a change. I am going to do everything to work her up again.