Chapter Ten

Harry's P.O.V:

Emily tugs at Louis' sleeve which is rolled up and he looks at her. "Did you know that I formed the meatballs?" He makes an impressed face. "Really? Wow, I am impressed by your skills." Emily giggles and shoves half of a meatball into her mouth. She chews a bit and then tugs at his sleeve once again.

"Well Hazza helped a bit." she states and Louis turns to me. I look into his beautiful, blue eyes and smile. I have the feeling that this is going to be a very good evening.

I am proven right. We enjoy our meal and talk a lot. I steal a few glances from Louis and I can fairly say that this evening will be one of the best ones ever.

Dad also tells Louis that he can start working in his company and Louis genuinely smiles.

"What about some wine? Louis, do you drink wine?" dad offers but Louis shakes his head. "No, thank you. I don't drink. Plus, I came by car."

"You could stay the night if it's a problem." Once again, my heart begins to beat faster and I look at Louis.

"We have school tomorrow, sir." Louis replies and I feel some kind of sadness creeping in.

"You can leave a little bit earlier and get ready at yours." dad insists. I see some sort of discomfort in Louis' eyes. I know exactly why he rejects alcohol but I can't help than hope that he'll agree anyways. I am too selfish right now.

Louis tries to hide his emotion and agrees to drink a glass and I can feel the butterflies in my tummy. He actually will stay here.

"Harry, what about you? Do you want a glass?" Dad asks me with a visible smirk on his face.

"If I am allowed to have one." I reply and he laughs. "Yes, you can have one."

"What about meeee?" Emily whines and we all begin to laugh. "You" dad gets up and picks her up "are going to sleep now. I am bringing you to bed."

Emily doesn't protest. She wraps her tiny hands around dad's neck and waves when he carries her upstairs. "Alright, I am going to do the wash up and get the wine ready. You boys can stay here and chat for a bit." and with that mom leaves the table.

I look at Louis who cracks a smile. "You have a lovely family." he says and I nod. "They are the best." I answer and he moves on his chair.

"Thank you for coming." "Thank you for inviting me. It's been weeks since I ate an actual cooked dinner." His statement make me sad, although I know that this wasn't his intention.

After what Zayn told me, I can't help but feel sorry for Louis but I don't want to dig in his wounds right now. We talk for a while until both of my parents join us again. Dad fills the four glasses with wine and we clink glasses. Louis takes a little sip and puts it back on the table.

We talk a lot about music, movies, comics and other stuff. I finally get a more detailed picture of Louis' hobbies and passions and vice versa. Normally, mom and dad wouldn't let me drink so much with but we enjoy the evening and my parents trust me. We're drinking at home and nothing's going to happen.

************************************

We stumble into my room and I laugh silently. "That was definitely too much." Louis whines and I agree.

"Do you want a shirt to sleep in?" I ask him and he nods. "Okay, so you can choose between the guest room or my bed. You'd have to share that though." I smirk and I see the hesitation in his eyes.

"No, I'm serious. My bed is much more comfortable and it's big enough for both of us." He shrugs and smiles. "Okay then." I give him a spare toothbrush and ask him if he wants to shower but he denies.