Chapter Sixteen

(there's a long A/N at the end, please read it.)

Louis' P.O.V:

I unlock the door and open it, stepping to the side. "Welcome home." She hesitantly walks inside and looks around, as if she's here for the first time. I follow her and close the door behind the two of us. I set the suitcase onto the ground and a second later she's hugging me tightly, slightly sobbing. 

"I'm so sorry Lou." I wrap my arms around her small, fragile body and press her closer to me. "It's okay mom. I am just glad that you're back with me." A tear leaves my eye and she hugs me even tighter. 

The past two weeks have been the most stressful weeks of my life. Mom woke up a few days after Harry and I visited her for the first time together and things got a lot better. She agreed to stay a little bit longer and go to therapy. We had to do a lot of paperwork and other shit but I am happy that she is getting better.

I got the job in Harry's father's company and things with Harry couldn't be better. School and tests are as exhausting as ever, so nothing has changed. Niall and Zayn also made it official that they are a couple now and all five of us, including Liam, have been hanging out a lot lately. 

As stressful as everything was and is, I can't complain. 

-

"I made some chicken soup. I know it's not as good as yours but I still hope that it's okay." I hand mom the bowl full of soup and she gives me a smile. "Thank you so much." She takes it and slowly begins to eat. I slide in beside her and put my arm around her. She leans into me and the hope for everything turning to be good again grows bigger inside of me.

I haven't told her about Harry yet and I didn't bring him to the hospital because I want them to meet under normal circumstances. We watch TV for a few minutes, until she finishes her food and I bring the bowl into the kitchen.

I return with two glasses of cooled coke, crashed ice and a slice of lemon. It has always been a thing in the Tomlinson household and I think now is the best time to bring back traditions. Mom smiles really big, when she sees the glasses in my hands and sits up straight.

I set them onto the table and sit beside her once again. I take her hands into mine and she looks up at me. "We have to talk, mom." She nods in agreement. "I know." 

"Please let me finish before you say something, okay?" She nods once again and I breathe in deeply.

"Alright. I want you to continue and go to therapy as long as you think it helps you. You don't have to be worried about money or anything because I found a job and before you say anything, it's not hard work and I get paid really well.

I also want you to go out more and meet some friends. I am not talking about your old ones because we clearly saw that they aren't good friends. Besides the Horans of course. I want you to make new friends. I know that it's hard and I am in no place to tell you that you should leave the house more often but I honestly think that it would be good for you. 

I am going to help you with the household and I am also going to help you to overcome the problems and issues that haunt you. Okay?" I look into her eyes and she nods.

"Mom, you're not alone. I am always going to be here. I am always going to help you and I want you to know that I you're the most important person in my life and I beg you to not drink huge amounts of alcohol anymore. I know that it's hard but I am not going to leave you alone like I did before. I love you."

Mom's face is covered in tears by now but she seems to comprehend how important all of these things are for me and maybe, just maybe she will consider to do something about it.