Start Out Somewhere: An Idea

You have to start somewhere. And that somewhere begins with an idea. 

Among Alex Rider fandom people have done anything from K-unit coming in to take care of Alex, to Sabina and Alex's relationship. To make your story stick out, you have to have something unique. Or if you're going to use the same idea as someone else, at least make it out pop out. (see the chapter on how to make your story pop out.) For example, my story Alex Is In The Hospital(all rights reserved, plagiarism will result in me suing you in court) is about Alex coming home after a mission and having to stay in a hospital for two months to think about his life so far. So far, the fanfiction has been pretty popular, and one of the contributing reasons is because the plotline was something that stuck out. 

Another story that stood out to me was the Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by pongnosis (all rights goes to her) because the plot line was unique as well. For those of you haven't read the story, I highly recommend you do. You can really pick up some great tips from there! It's on fanfiction.net and Archives Of Our Own. 

Anyways, back to the point. You have to pick a unique plot line but heed my warning-don't pick something too preposterous. Something that would be appropriate to pick would be Alex being a rebellious parkour boy (Bunkhouse by Kawazoe Kumiko also on fanfiction.net) because Alex is a spy and has always been a bit mischevious and rebellious, so him being a parkour boy is not a stretch. Something that would be a bit weird would be Alex being a vampire or something like that. Unless its a fantasy and you write it correctly, I would not recommend making that leap. 

Some possible plotlines that may or may not have been used before but still work if you write them correctly,  are-

-SCORPIA finds Alex again. What will he do?

-K-Unit is assigned to take care of Alex. Possible slash between Eagle and Snake. 

-Yassen Gregorovich and Alex Rider. Partners in crime, or something more? 

And one last warning-be careful what you pick. Some material might offend people, but you have to decide whether or not to fly with an idea. For example, a gay story between, say, Eagle and Snake would work, but writing a story with messages that say gay or lesbian people are horrible is not something you write. I repeat-do NOT write that fanfiction. Not only does it offend people, you can get into some serious legal trouble over that. And no one wants to end of in court. Especially not over something that could have been prevented. 

Message me if you have doubts. Better safe than sorry, right? 

Until the next chapter!

-Amber