Grammar and Spelling

This is really just basic stuff, but some fanfiction authors have an incorrect grammar which can really hurt the readability of their story. Whether English is not your first language, you don't know grammar/spelling etc., I cannot stress the importance of grammar enough. It is the difference between a person deciding to read your story or just skipping over and moving on. 

English isn't your first language? Write in the language that you are most comfortable with. Just because most stories are in English doesn't mean you have to write your story in English. You may find readers that share the same language as you, and they will appreciate your story that English speakers cannot. You don't know grammar or spelling? Get Grammarly! It's completely free unless you update to premium, which is paid. Not only that, it works with most apps, such as wattpad. You can also upload your stories to their website, and it will find mistakes for you. 

Most readers won't read your stories if you have incorrect spelling or grammar. One or two mistakes is acceptable; your readers will probably point it out and it won't take long to fix. However, entire paragraphs not readable? Very few readers will even bother to read your story. Like I said in the before the chapter, you have at have completely correct spelling and grammar not only in your summary but your first chapter, second chapter etc. 

Look at these two sentences(not mine). See how grammar/spelling can really make a difference: 

-I am going to help my Uncle Jack off the horse. 

-I am going to help my uncle jack off the horse. 

The second sentence was totally inappropriate! And that's what is so tricky about the English language. People won't excuse your mistakes and know what you meant. They will become confused. 

This was a really short chapter, but I hoped I stressed the importance of grammar enough. Review, remember to vote and follow me. 

Until next time!

-Amber