Chapter 19

For the first time in my life, I felt amazing.  I felt loved.  Seriously, loved.  I don’t know if it was just the excitement of a new relationship or the fact that Harry and I spent nights in the same bed – which Clark and I never did – but something was making my smile a little bigger and each day a little shorter.  That’s how it always is, isn’t it?  The best days go by the quickest.  I didn’t mind though because it just meant getting into bed with Harry again.  We were inseparable at the house.  Louis just smirked the first time he saw Harry pinch my butt in the kitchen and then applauded us the first time he saw us kiss, but Maria on the other hand wasn’t so excited. 

It killed me any time she and Harry had to go out on a “date.”  I found myself becoming more and more interested in magazines with their pictures or in entertainment news on the TV.  It also looked to me like Maria was being a little more flirty in the pictures… a little more hand-holdy and cheek-kissy and giggly… and I hated it.   For a while, I thought maybe I was just getting jealous, but Louis confirmed my observation of her behavior when he said something himself.

“She seems so miserable here in the house, but she sure looks bright and happy outside with Harry.  She’s getting a lot better at acting like they’re in a relationship too,” Louis said, squinting at the TV as a shot of her and Harry flashed on the screen.  When he noticed my tense composure, he chuckled and changed the channel. 

“So, I’ve been listening…” Louis said slowly.

I gazed over at him. “To a new band?”

He laughed and scratched his hair under his beanie. “No.  I’ve been listening for Harry in the middle of the night.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I haven’t heard him having too many bad dreams recently… but I did happen to hear some moaning… I mean like, sexual moaning…”

The blood rushed to my face so quickly that I thought I might pass out.  I immediately threw one of the pillows beside me on the couch at Louis across the room. “Well if you weren’t being a creep, you wouldn’t hear such things.”

Louis threw the pillow back and laughed. “I’m just used to checking on him in the night!! All I was trying to say is that I’m glad you’re here.  I’m sure Harry is glad you’re here too.”

“Damn right, I am,” Harry blurted from the front door, interrupting our conversation.  He dropped his jacket on the floor in front of Maria and tackled me on the couch, showering me in kisses all over my face and lips. “I missed you.  Oh, baby, I missed you so much,” Harry sang, squeezing me between his arms.

Maria rolled her eyes and stepped over Harry’s jacket.  Her heels clicked across the floor quickly as she nearly ran to her room and slammed the door shut harder than she ever had before. Harry immediately stopped his kissing and looked up as the slam echoed around the room.

“What the hell?” Louis asked.

Harry shrugged while still on top of me.  “She was fine for lunch.  Lots of kisses and hand-holding.”

I grunted.  Harry looked down at me.  “It was all for show, my love, I promise,” He pouted, pushing his lips against mine sloppily.  “I promise,” he repeated, kissing me again.  “Believe me, baby, believe me,” he began to sing. 

I giggled and turned my head to get away from his lips, but to no avail.  He continued to suck his lips together noisily until I was finally able to grab his side and squeeze.  Harry’s laugh echoed through the house but turned into a playful growl as he leapt off of me.

“Don’t tickle me,” Harry warned, leaning over and kissing me on the cheek once more. 

Louis’ eyes widened. “You’re ticklish, mate?”