Chapter 31

"How long have we known each other?" I asked aloud, trying to calculate the answer in my own head while I laid beside Harry on the grass.  The two of us had snuck out of the house that morning and gone to Central Park to enjoy a brunch on the grass.  Harry had to drag me out of bed just to get there and I  wondered why, after such a late night, we were picnicking so early, but now that I was in the sunshine and the breeze eating Harry's "specialty" peanut butter and jelly biscuit, I felt amazing. 

"A few months," Harry said casually after a moment, licking the last of his jelly from his finger and putting his freshly-licked hand under my head and around my shoulder. 

I squirmed and giggled before looking up at him.  "I think two, Bear." 

"Nah, that can't be right," Harry said, lifting his free hand to cover his eyes with his forearm. 

"I think it might be less than two," I corrected myself, frowning.

Harry propped himself up on his elbow and looked down at me.  "I refuse to believe that's true," he said, his eyebrows coming together.  He looked so tired and so precious at the same time.  Both he and I were wearing just plain white tees and jean shorts.  Since I had never seen him in anything except for black jeans or boxing shorts, his little rolled-up jean shorts made me giggle with delight. 

"Believe it.  I think it's been like, a month and a half.  Maybe." 

Harry leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, but having just licked the jelly off of them, they were slick and slipped around.  I grimaced playfully and pushed his chest to get him away from me.  As he fell back onto the grass, he scooped me up and pulled me on top of him.  "I feel like I've known you forever."  I closed my eyes and listened to his heart beat for a moment until I realized he was staring at his phone.  I reached for the device but he pulled it away from me quickly. 

"Are you looking at pinterest again?" I laughed, sitting up and straddling his stomach.  

Harry shoved his phone under his back and frowned.  "I can't help it.  You showed me that damn picture of the wedding dress this morning and now I can't stop looking at them.  I can't stop imagining you in wedding dresses." 

"Are you going to pick out my wedding dress for me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and pulling at the hem of Harry's shirt.  He struggled beneath me as I tickeld the skin around his belly button. 

"Well I mean, you have the ultimate decision," he shrugged.  "But - stop fucking tickling me - BUT I think I should have SOME say in the decision..." 

I shook my head and raised an eyebrow.  "That's not how it works baby." 

"Well that's how it's going to work." 

I laughed. "We'll see." 

"How about this: You'll pick the wedding dress you want for the ceremony, I'll pick the dress I want you to wear for the party afterwards."

"Well what if I want the party dress?"

Harry smirked, but more like he was slightly annoyed.  "Well I'll pick the ceremony dress then."

"What if I want to pick both?" I asked, raising my eyebrows twice.  

Harry snarled and threw his hands up in the air in defeat.  "I'll pick... the cake-cutting dress!"

"I'll have a dress just for cutting cake??"

Harry nodded overenthusiastically. "If you fucking want it, yes!"

I laughed at his irritation and played with his shirt.  "You're cute."  

Harry squinted up at me and grinned.  He sat forward and wrapped his arms around my waist, puckering his lips and waiting for me to kiss him.   After a short giggle, I leaned forward and kissed his nose.  Harry frowned. 

"Does it not worry you that we've only known each other for such a short amount of time?"  I asked quietly.  I hated being the Negative Nancy here but, having thought about it this morning, I had been shaken up all day.  Having Harry buy me three wedding dresses didn't make up for the fact that we had barely known each other for very long at all and we were already planning on spending the rest of our lives together.   Don't get me wrong - I love Harry more than life itself... It's just a frightening thought.