Chapter 23

“GOOD MORNING, YOU TWO!  GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING COME ON TIME TO GET UP I HAVE NEWS!  Big news!  Good news!  Well, I guess good news… COME ON.  TIME TO OPEN YOUR EYES.”

Not ideally how I would have liked to be woken up the night after passionate make-up sex with Harry.  Before I fell asleep last night with Harry in my arms, I imagined my eyes fluttering open the next morning to see Harry staring at me like I was a sky full of blazing stars and stroking my hair gently, his lips parted just slightly with amazement.  Did I think that highly of myself?  Well, no.  But I hoped Harry did.  Instead of all of that, I was woken up by Arnold slapping our feet, which were unveiled by the covers at the foot of my bed.

Harry and I both wriggled around for a moment.  He opened one eye and looked at me, just as I was doing to him, and grinned slowly.  Not exactly the sky-full-of-stars look of amazement that I imagined, but it still gave me butterflies.  He scowled when Arnold patted his foot again.

“Wake up!”

“We’re awake, god dammit!” Harry grumbled, throwing a pillow at Arnold and sitting up quickly.  While Arnold ducked, Harry glanced down at me and remembered that, while it was acceptable for him to be shirtless in a room with Arnold, it was not the same for me.  He grabbed the comforter, which had fallen off of my bare chest when Harry shot up, and yanked it over my body, hugging it to me before Arnold saw.  Then he growled again.  “What the hell is going on?  What are you doing down here?”

Arnold’s eyes scanned the room.  “Well I’ve never been down here before, actually.  Quite nice.  I thought you might be happy to see me, though.  Good news.  You’re going on a date.”

“With who?” Harry spat immediately, his eyes nearly popping out of his head.  He held the comforter around my body as I shot up too.

Arnold laughed and held his hand out to me.  “With Kennedy, you idiot.  Who did you think?”

Both Harry and I let out a breath of air that neither of us knew we were holding in.  Our exhales turned to small chuckles of relief and Harry tackled me, forcing my head onto the pillow and attacking my cheek with kisses. 
Arnold shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Liam will come get you in two hours.  He’ll take you where you need to be.”

I squealed as Harry kissed my eye.

“GOT IT?” Arnold shouted over us.

“Yeah, mate! Got it!” Harry called over his shoulder.  He seemed irritated, but lost all irritation once he turned back to me and Arnold disappeared up the stairs.

“Let’s go back to beeeeed,” I dragged out, unwrapping my body from the covers just enough for Harry to join me in a bundle. 

"Okay baby, okaaaaay."  Harry kissed my nose gently and then moved his lips to my forehead as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer so we could pull the covers around us like a cocoon.

“Is this date for publicity?” I asked aloud quietly, the thought suddenly entering my mind and falling out of my mouth before going through any filter.  Harry moved his lips from my forehead to my mouth, placing them gently against my own lips before shaking his head.

“It means publicity to Arnold.  To me, it means I get a day out with you.  Another date.  Well, if you want to go.”

I giggled. “I have a choice?”

“Well, no,” Harry chuckled.  “Would you have declined the offer anyway?”

“I might have.”

Harry pouted.  I pulled at his bottom lip with my fingers until he smiled and then reluctantly crawled out of the warm bundle of our bodies and the covers. “I guess I should get pretty for the cameras then.”