Chapter 28

Unfortunately for me, Harry had to leave early for the fight the next day.  He needed a little extra warm-up time and I stayed back with Louis as to not distract him like I knew I probably would.  When Louis and I got to the arena, all eyes were on me.  Everyone whispered as I walked by, talking about how surprised they were that I was actually there supporting my “cheater boyfriend” and even showing the video to people who might not have seen it the day before.  I tried my best to keep my head held high and my eyes straight forward.

“Maybe she’s just fucking stupid. A gold-digger,” someone said loudly as I passed.  As I started to turn around and open my mouth, Louis grabbed my shoulders and forced me forward.

“Don’t listen.  Keep walking, Kennedy.”

When the two of us got past the black double doors to the boxer’s locker room hallway, I punched Louis in the arm. “Why didn’t you let me defend myself?”

Louis rubbed his arm but rolled his eyes and started down the hall.  “Sometimes it’s best not to say anything.”

“Thanks for that, Ghandi,” I mimicked him from the day before. Louis shook his head and laughed.

The closer we got to Harry's room, the closer we got to where a group of ring girls was standing.  “Oh. My. God.  She actually came.”   The stupid brunette ring girl was standing in the middle of her band of glittery bimbos and adjusting her skimpy leotard.  Three of the other four girls sighed and pulled bills of money out of their bras, each girl, including the brunette, handing their money to the fourth.

“We all bet you wouldn’t show except Macy.  She said you would come,” the brunette explained. 

“Why wouldn’t I come to support my boyfriend?” I asked smugly, studying Macy as she counted her money. 

“Well,” the brunette said, her high-heels clicking against the floor as she stepped out of her circle toward me. “Usually when a guy cheats on you, it’s his way of telling you he’s finished with you. When he releases a video of him fucking someone else to the entire world… that’s your signal to leave.”

I pursed my lips and nodded. “Well, that wasn’t Harry in the video, so…”

“God,” the brunette laughed.  “You really are stupid, aren’t you?”

Punching her in the stomach felt much different than punching the bag like I had been doing at home, especially since she had sequins all over that cut into my fingers as I hit her.  She doubled over and clutched her stomach as I retracted my fist and prepared for another swing.  Louis tried to grab my arm, but not fast enough to keep me from throwing my fist straight into her eye.  When I pulled my arm back for another hit, two, strong arms wrapped around my waist and dragged me away from the group of screaming ring girls.  

“What the hell are you doing??” Harry shouted, dropping me onto the couch once we got into his room and Louis shut the door.  Louis threw my purse onto the couch beside me, having had picked it up for me when I dropped it to throw a punch.

“She called me stupid,” I growled, leaping up and stepping toward Harry threateningly.  Why would he pull me away from a fight when he told me just days ago that I should have punched her for giving me the stink eye?

“Why did she call you that?”

“She told me I was stupid for not taking a hint that the tape meant you were through with me and all this shit-“

Harry’s face turned to a scowl and he returned to the door instantly.  He yanked it open, allowing the brunette’s wailing to enter the room, and nodded his head toward the hall.  “Get back out there and punch her again for me.”