Chapter 33

"Baby?" 

This time, Harry wasn't calling my name.  

"MY baby?" 

I gulped and blinked slowly up at him.  For the first time in weeks, there was a shade of gray in his eyes and a certain emotion that I could not for the life of me read.   As his brow furrowed, so did mine.

"That's really great, Kennedy," Liam said sincerely from the living room behind us.  Not being able to look at Harry anymore, I turned and smiled faintly Liam's way.  Louis was scowling over my shoulder at his best friend.  Niall exhaled a little too obviously and hugged Jenna to his body while Zayn walked to me and pulled me into his own embrace.  Liam joined us and smiled so wide that I thought I was going to burst.  Zayn smiled at me.  Jenna smiled at me from under Niall's arm.  I'm sure Louis would have smiled at me was he not glaring at Harry.  

"You gonna say something, mate?" Louis asked abruptly.

It was the most difficult thing for me to do - turn and look at Harry again.   We all did.   In my mind, I couldn't help but think that if I had been the one to tell him and there weren't five other people around, he would have taken the news much better. 

"You're pregnant?"

"That's what the test said," I replied, trying to hold back the sudden anger that was rising up in me.  Why was he reacting like this?  Not minutes ago, he was talking about how exciting a baby was for Jenna and Niall. 

"But how?"  He asked, more wrinkles forming in the skin of his forehead.

I felt my face harden more too.  "We had sex, what do you mean 'how'?"

"I..." Harry began to shake his head. 

"Harry..." Louis started.  Liam and Zayn's grips around my shoulders both tightened.  A tear streamed down my face.  

When Harry saw the tear, his frown became even more apparent.  He was looking at me the same way he looked at Marcus before his tournament match.  It tore me appart that suddenly, I was an enemy, and I had absolutely no idea why.  

"How could you let this happen?" Harry breathed, looking down at his feet.  Whether he was talking to me or himself, I couldn't tell. 

Louis' eyes looked as if they might pop out of his head.  I covered my face with my hands and sobbed into them, not hesitating to lean into Liam and Zayn as they comforted me.  We all jumped when Louis started yelling. "What the hell is wrong with you?" 

"I-" Harry ran his hand through his hair, still refusing to look at me. "I- I-"

"YOU WHAT?"

"I didn't know this was going to fucking happen!  I wasn't prepared!" Harry bellowed.  Liam seemed to push me behind him protectively and I could even see Niall shielding Jenna across the room.  

Louis grabbed Harry by the shoulders and slammed him into the wall by the kitchen.  "Do you think Kennedy was prepared?  Does she look like she was fucking planning on this?" Louis growled at Harry.  He grabbed Harry's face and forced Harry to look my way.  An angry tear escaped from the corner of Harry's eye as he took in my brokenhearted stance and puffy eyes.  He threw Louis off of him and started to leave the room.  Louis grabbed his arm.

"Aren't you going to say anything to Kennedy?  The woman who is carrying your fucking child?"

Harry halted his steps but didn't turn around immediately.  I took my lip between my teeth and bit it so hard that I could nearly taste blood as I watched his back heave up and down and up and down.  On his shoulders, I could see small red scratch marks forming from where I had just dug my fingers into his skin as he was making rough love to me on the counter.  How was that only ten minutes ago?  After what felt like an eternity, Harry spun and marched toward me.  Zayn and Liam instantly stepped out of his way and stood behind me a few feet.