Epilogue - Part 2

"GUYS WE HAVE TO GO!" 

I was going so quickly putting on my mascara that it got all over my upper eyelid.  I threw the bottle across the bathroom and groaned as I tried to wipe the black specks off of my skin without touching the black liquid still my drying on my eyelashes. 

"GUYS!" Stella called again. 

"We're coming, baby, I promise!" I shouted back across the house to her.  Since we moved to a bigger house, all we did was yell at each other across it.  My hands seemed shaky as I tried to fix my hair a bit and straighten my shirt.  I groaned at my reflection in the mirror.  It had been four years since I chopped my hair off to my shoulders and I still wasn't used to it.  "Did Cameron and Gabe get everything in the car??" I asked. 

"YES NOW PLEASE HURRY!" 

"So impatient," I breathed.  "Bear?" I stepped away from my mirror and glanced at the bathroom door.  "Bear, we need to go."  I frowned when I heard nothing.  "Harry," I called, walking to the door and pushing it open.  My husband was sitting in the empty bathtub in his khaki pants and button-up shirt.  

"Put your tie on, baby.  We have to go.  Stand up.  Come on," I said, grabbing his arm and trying to hoist him to his feet.  He gazed up at me, a blank stare covering his handsome face.  I squatted down beside the tub and ran my fingers through his short curls to try and help them not look like such a mess.  "Harry..." I whispered, looking into his face as I straightened his collar and grabbed his tie. 

"She's leaving..." He breathed, staring at his hands wrapped around his knees. 

I chuckled lightly.  "Bear, it's college.  She's only an hour away.  She'll still call and text and come home on the weekends..." 

"She's leaving..." he repeated, wiping his nose with the back of his hand and lifting his head so I could knot his tie a little better.

I smiled softly at him, trying to catch his eye and silently tell him that it was all going to be okay.  "Think of it this way... we can start traveling again.  We don't have any more kids to take with us." 

Harry chewed his lip and nodded with his head still in my hands. 

I continued.  "And we can walk around the house naked without the kids throwing a fit."

Harry hummed and let half of a laugh escape his lips.  "Yeah, that'll be nice." 

"AND," I said stepping over the side of the tub and lowering myself onto his lap, my legs on either side of him.  He grinned up at me, a cute enough grin to earn him a kiss before I finished my sentence.  "We can even have kitchen sex without any of the kids walking in on us."  Yeah.  We definitely tried kitchen sex a few times in the last few years, but it seemed like a different child of ours would walk in each time.  It was probably a horrifying experience for them, but Harry and I just laughed.  It was funny to be the "old people" now. 

"Ooh..." Harry groaned as I swiveled my hips.  He dug his fingers into my sides and pushed me against his groin a little harder.  "Kitchen sex is the best...." 

"LOUD kitchen sex." 

"Yes, I wanna hear you scream my name like you used to," Harry said darkly against my neck.  There had also been a time or two where we woke the kids up from being so loud.  What?  He was my husband, for goodness sake.  I'll fuck him how, when, and where I want to. 

"MOM!  DAD!" 

"Shit," Harry swore, finally standing up from the tub.  I clung to him like a koala, my legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he walked toward the stairs.