8

~ Marshall's POV ~

The next morning I strolled into the studio, tired as fuck but also pretty happy. The evening with Daniela had been more than successful..

The fuck am I thinking??? Successful?????

Scratch that, the evening was freakin' great. She's such a sweet and awesome woman, incredibly smart, carin', lovely.....I can relax around her without tryin'. I honestly didn't know why I didn't second guess what she was sayin' or thought over her actions, she somehow made me loosen up and I have no damn clue why.
Maybe because she kinda was like me in some way. She was introverted, careful around new people or didn't like to be around them in general, she was a workaholic, a scatter brain sometimes.

She's almost the female version of the private me!

„The fuck happened to you?" Nickle asked when I trotted yawning into the lounge area and I shrugged. „Oh, I forgot, the dinner date... so ya hit it?"

Fo' real, man?!

„You think a woman like Daniela would let me fuck her at the second date, man?!"

„So ya charm's still ain't workin'? Damn man, gotta step up ya game a lil, huh?!"

Motherfucker!

„I don't have to step up shit, Nickle! I don't want to just nail her, I wanna get to know her."

„I'd say tha same if I couldn't get her in bed, man!"

I knew he was challenging me and I more than knew that I shouldn't let it faze me, but the competitive asshole in me just had to break through.

„Wanna bet?"

„On?" Now he sat up straight, that definitely had caught his interest.

„Next date I'll get her!"

I haven't just said that.....

„I'll need prove, man."

„What kind?"

„Pics?"

Fuck no!!!! It's enough I'm doin' this shit, I won't humiliate her an take pics of her...

„My word an I'll get her over the next day!"

Royce squinted his eyes at me, definitely weighing out if he could trust me, but then he jumped up and slapped hands with me.

„Game on, Shady!"

How ridiculous that he's usin' that nickname now....

„When ya gonna see her again?"

Hopefully never!

„Dunno..." I shrugged. „Some time this week?"

„Then good luck, dawg." He chuckled while I walked past him into the kitchen only mumbling a „Yeah...!"

The good mood I'd been in when I'd walked into the studio earlier had disappeared completely because of my own stupidity. I couldn't do that to Daniela, she was different to all the chicks before her and while I knew she'd definitely cut off the contact with me if I'd go through with this stupid bet, I couldn't back out. Nickle was such a motherfucker for pushin' me that far, though I knew that in the end it was my stupid ass that agreed to it. I could've said no or just brushed it off to not get in danger with Daniela finding out about it.

Let's hope she won't find out....

Until lunch I'd managed to avoid Royce with burying myself in work. I knew that he wouldn't stop talkin' about that shit-bet, but when Porter showed up afterwards, while we sat in the recording room, my luck had left me.