21

- 2 months later -

It was May now and not only had my relationship with Marshall grown stronger, it had also become better.

I guess it was safe to say that I'd been the happiest I've ever been in my life.

We'd left all the trouble we had at the beginning behind us and while Marshall had gone completely back to normal with Ryan, even I'd been brought more into their circle. Last month Marshall had taken me to meet his friends' girlfriend's and wife's which made me realize once again how serious this, I, was to him.

I admit, from time to time I still had my doubts or more, wondered, why Marshall had chosen me to be with. But it only took a kiss or compliment from him to make the thoughts disappear into thin air.

And he complimented me a hell lot.....

Not a day went by where he wouldn't tell me how beautiful I was in his eyes or how happy he was to have found me, I couldn't believe how lucky I was....

It was now Saturday and while I was sitting on the couch at his place, playing with my fingers in nervousness, Marshall sat beside me and watched ESPN.....all calm and collected....
The reason for me being nervous and feeling the urge to crawl out of my skin or dig a hole to hide in it was simple, today I'd meet his daughters for the time.

My boyfriend had implied for a while now that he wanted me to meet them, but I'd somehow always found an excuse to not do it. Don't get me wrong, I was more than happy and honored that he wanted to make this huge step and introduce us, but I was really nervous, almost frightened about it. My overthinking self had pulled up every terrible scenario, everything that could go wrong, to in the end make me want to back out every time.

What if they don't like me?
What if we don't even get along at all?
Will Marshall leave me if they tell him to do so?

Had just been a few of the questions that tortured me since now 3 days, since he had simply informed me about his decision that it was time now to meet them all. I didn't want to disappoint him, didn't want to hurt him by saying no, and so I'd only nodded and started to drive myself insane.

„Ella, if you'll twist your fingers a lil more, you gonna break them."

Instantly I stopped, wiggled my hands quickly and then placed them onto my left and right knee. So now I was sitting straight, hands on my knees and most likely looked like I was waiting for the principal to lecture me, which made Marshall chuckle beside me and scoot closer.

„Babe....ey....." I slowly turned my head to see him smiling at me. „Stop bitin' ya lip, 'cause I don't want you to bleed...." immediately I released my lips which made him laugh out. „An now try to calm down, a'ight?! They'll like you, Ella, I promise."

„How can you be so sure about that? They maybe...."

I couldn't talk on because he silenced with a kiss, leaving a small smile on my face when he ended it.

„I wouldn't jeopardize us, if I wouldn't be positive 'bout their reaction...."

„So you'd leave me if they don't like me!" I cut in with wide eyes and immediately sat back.

My worst thoughts had just been confirmed and I internally started to freak out.

I knew it!!!!

„Daniela....." Marshall sighed out, moved even closer and pulled me in his arms. „I told them about you, they know who and how you are, okay?! There's no need fo' you to lose ya damn mind over it."