17

The past 5 days had been as heavenly as they'd been stressful. I'd spend every free minute with Marshall which was definitely the heavenly part, but I'd already gotten a glimpse of how stressful it would be to be in a relationship with him. To me it wouldn't matter, I was more than willing to put everything in to be with him,

I've promised it!

But I couldn't deny that it was a lot of work.

The first thing I'd done when I'd walked into my office at the city hall on Monday, was to reschedule all my meetings, so I'd have time for Marshall in the evenings. I wanted him to see that I'd take him serious and would respect his wishes, but it honestly was really hard. I had a responsibility towards not only my company but also to the city of Detroit. In the end I'd taken it upon myself to 'safe' the city and no matter if I'd now be in a relationship with its most popular face, I'd sworn to myself to get Motorcity back on track.

And that's exactly what I'll do!

So I'd worked from 7 am to 7 pm every day. Went over meeting after meeting, endlessly seeming talks with mayor Duggan and then drove home to shower, change and go to see my boyfriend.

Boyfriend...... Marshall Mathers is my boyfriend!!

Well, I knew we hadn't put a label on what we had just yet, but to me it felt like a normal relationship and I couldn't say that Marshall was giving me different signals. He seemed happy every time I strolled into his home and the affection and attention I got from him only confirmed my thoughts and feelings.

Today was Friday and I'd managed to leave early from my office and therefore decided to pay Marshall a visit at the studio. He had assured me multiple times over the past days that, whenever I had a little time on my hands, I could stop by and that he'd be happy to have me around him even while he was working. So today I'd do another thing to make my boyfriend happy.

I'd just passed the security guards at the gate and parked my car. Then ruffled through my hair and checked my makeup and pulled the key out of the ignition, when the door to the driver side had been ripped open which made me jump startled.

„Ey, Daniela, good to see ya."

I snapped my head to the side, to see a widely smiling Denaun and blew out air to calm myself which made him chuckle.

„I almost got a heart attack, Denaun."

„Damn, sorry..." he chuckled on and offered me his hand to help me climb out of my SUV, after he'd taken a step back. „Girl, don't ya die on me. Em would whoop ma ass."

I laughed out while I took his hand and got out and afterwards smiled widely at him.

„For the sake of your butt, I'll try not to. Although I can't promise anything if you startle me like that again."

We hugged quickly to say 'hi' and then made our way towards the entrance of the studio building. I really liked Denaun. He was the one friend of Marshall which had supported and helped us from day one and not once had given me the feeling that he didn't like me. Where as Royce was another story....

„Just so ya know, it's a little crazy today...." Denaun said while he opened the door for me and I looked at him. „Royce is in a awfully foul mood today and pisses everyone off."

Speaking of the devil......

„So Marshall is in a bad mood, I guess?" I questioned and he shrugged.

„Doesn't matter, I'm positive it'll change when he sees ya."

Let's hope so!

We passed by the reception and I nodded at Terry with a smile and small wave of my hand and almost instantly we heard loud voices coming down the hallway.