13

I'd left Marshall's place feeling like crap. What had happened between us, I'd definitely never regret, but the aftermath was now what brought tears to my eyes. This was exactly what I'd feared would happen, that he would only use me, that I would be nothing more than a one-night stand.

I should've trusted my guts.....

I knew the second he'd slipped out of bed that something was wrong and when I'd walked into the kitchen and he couldn't even look at me, before finding a lame excuse to get me out, my feeling had been more than confirmed. He had managed to lead me into a trap, had succeeded in playing with my head and the worst, got me to have sex with him.

How could I be so stupid?

I really had believed him when he had apologized for the bet, had put trust in his words, only to now have the almost overwhelming feeling to bash my head in with a baseball bat. Most likely he was right at this moment sitting with his friends and told them about our night, laughing about my stupidity and demanded his prize for winning the bet.

By the time I'd arrived at my house I was crying like a waterfall and the first thing I did after I'd gotten out of my car, inside my home and had let the door carelessly fall into its lock, was sprinting upstairs to take another shower. I had the feeling that I had to scrub him off of me and definitely I needed new clothes. I couldn't stand myself right now.

45 minutes later, I felt a little better, cleaner if you want to call it that way. Had washed and dried my hair, brushed my teeth and wrapped myself in my old Georgetown sweater and matching pants. I still couldn't understand how I could've been so damn dumb and so I did what I'd always do. I grabbed my laptop, walked into my living room and after switching it on I started to work. I had to bury myself in numbers to stop feeling ashamed and used.

It was 2 pm and I'd just went into my kitchen to get a pizza out of the freezer so I could eat something, when my cellphone started ringing. For a second I was tempted to rush back into the living room and pick up, but I decided to let my voicemail answer. Not many people had my number and definitely no one would call me on a Sunday afternoon, so I could put the pizza in the oven and then would look who'd tried to reach me.

1 voicemail Denaun

Huh?

I looked bewildered at the phone screen and right that second it started ringing again.

Denaun

Can't they just leave me alone?

I took a deep breath and squeezed my eyes shut for a second, before I pressed the answer button. Honestly, I didn't want to talk to anyone of them anymore, but I wasn't someone to just let the voicemail answer.

„Denaun?"

„Ey, Daniela? How ya doin'?" He didn't sound careful, more the exact opposite, almost cheerful.

Of course, they all had a good laugh!

„I'm really not in the mood for small talk right now, Denaun." I sighed and plopped down on the couch.

„I get that, fo' real, but can ya hear me out fo' a minute?"

„No."

Wow.....grew a backbone!!!

„C'mon Daniela, I promise it won't take long. I just wanna explain what's goin' on with him, ya know?!" I pinched the bridge of my nose and squeezed my eyes shut.

Somehow I would've wanted to have an explanation, but to be honest, most definitely it all would be a lie. Marshall probably had his friend call me to smoother me, so he could keep me on stand by when he needed some stupid girl to have sex with, but no more playing me. It was time to lock up weak Daniela and change to my business personality.