Chapter 6

It was about an hour before she got back, this time she was wearing a slightly oversized hoodie and skinny jeans. Sasuke persuaded her to wear a tanktop and his boxers. She had a oversized bag filled with makeup he told her she didn't need and clothes. She was sitting on the couch reading one of his books and he sat next to her and gently kisses her neck.

"What are you reading?" He smiled.

"Insomnia, by Stephen king" she leaned on him a bit and he pulled her closer.

"You like it?" He smiled.

"Yeah, it's really good but the whole book is about sleep so it's kinda making me tired" she smiled and set the book down and laid on her front, facing him. He kissed her forehead and she laid her head on his chest.

"Sasuke..I have a mission I have to go on tomorrow, I'll be back in about two days" she smiled.

"But I just got you" he hugged her close.

"I know, I'm sorry" she kissed his neck and he rubbed her back.

"You be safe okay?" He smiles

"I'll be with kiba, Akamaru, and shino" she hugged him.

What? She will be gone for two days with two other men and a dog? What if one of them smooth talk her into dumping my ass and having one of them?

"What's wrong sasuke?" She looked at him.

"Huh?" He rubbed the back of his head.

"You aren't saying anything" she kisses his cheek.

"It's nothing, just worrying, you'll be safe right?" He smiled

"Yeah, I promise" he stroked the back of her hair.

"Thanks" he hugged her and closed his eyes. After a couple minutes he heard soft breathing coming from her and he smiled.

"Hey, you awake dork?" He whispered.

No response.

He gently sat up and carried her to the bed.

"Goodnight sweetie" he smiled and laid next to her.

•••••••••••••

"Do you have to go?" He stroked her cheek.

"Yeah, I promised I'll be safe about a million times now" she smiled.

"I'm just trying to be a hundred percent sure your coming back to me" he kissed her forehead.

"I am" she smiled and hugged him one last time "I'll be back soon" he hugged her back and she pulled away and quickly pecked him on the lips and walked away.

He watched her walk and leaned on the doorframe. He had offered to walk her to the gate but she refused.

He decided to go visit tsunade to see if she had any work for him.

He pulled on his shoes and started walking to the hokage mansion. He looked around quietly as he walked. Seeing the mansion in the distance he picked up from his leisurely walk to a quicker pace.

When he arrived he opened the large doors and bowed his head at lady tsunade.

"Sasuke? What are you doing here?" She asked puzzled.

"I was wondering if you had any work I could attend to for the next two days." He said cooly. She glanced at the large pile of papers on her desk and began to thumb through them. Sasuke waited patiently as she took a swig from a glass filled with liquor and read a paper.

"Here, the perfect assignment,There is a prince being escorted by hinata, kiba, and shino you can send three anbu with them, but these anbu can not be seen. No matter what, they just watch over them"

"Can I be one of these three anbu?" She took another drink.

"Sasuke, you don't realise how important you are to this village do you?" Sasuke laughed.

"I could die today and no one would be affected"

"When you left naruto was crushed, he is your best friend, you two are very similar."

"Why is everyone saying that?" He sighed "fine but what do I do?"

"Glad you asked" she smiled and handed him a large stack of papers in a folder "you've been neglecting your paperwork, have these on my desk on Monday, nothing more" she returned to her alcohol and sasuke started walking back home, carrying the heavy load.

Dammit.. I shouldn't have said anything.. He thought struggling to evade people bumping into the papers.

He opened his door with difficulty and walked back into the room with the mahogany desk and dark curtains and set the papers down in the centre of the desk.

He whistled loudly and a anbu appeared in front of him.

"Take two others and go watch over hinata, protect her with your life, if she even gets a scratch I will personally be there to kick your ass, don't be seen, anything happens you call me, now go" the anbu nodded and disappeared.

He sat down in the leather chair and his eyes were immediately drawn to the leather book from earlier. His fingers itched to hold it and read it's contents but he settled with reading the cover.

"Uchiha, Itachi" he whispered aloud. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. No, I'm not reading it.

He grabbed a pen and started going through the thick pile of paperwork.

After a couple hours of agonising torture he gave in and reached for the book.

He gently opened the book and heard loud pops and cracks from the spine. He saw the familiar printed handwriting of his brother and decided to skip to the last page. It read:

"It's been a year since she died and I miss her so much, I hate living without her, all I do is throw myself into work.. Sasuke's noticed it I think, maybe he knows what I'm planning..no I'm just being paranoid, how could a child know what I'm going to do.

I have to.. I have to kill our parents, sasuke will never understand why and he'll hate me for it but one day he will understand why, maybe father will forgive me...maybe mother. I don't want her to be sad so she will be first, then father...then maybe sasuke? No, he has to live, he has to save this clan from bad people...people like... I'm going to miss it here.." Sasuke quietly read the last line on the paper "I know your reading this, I'm sorry brother"