Chapter 8

When they returned to the formation shino gave hinata a slight smile. "Can I talk to you?" Hinata walked next to him and he whispered, it was barely audible.

"Try to make sure sasuke doesn't get caught" she blushed.

"How did you know?"

"I have my ways" he smiled "so be careful"

She nodded and smiled "I will"

Sasuke slowed down a little and looked around. Kiba started sniffing the air and Akamaru began growling. Damn dog is going to annoy the crap outta me, he thought.

He heard a slight rustle in the bushes and he pulled out a long blade. Hinata activated her byakugan and looked around in the bushes.

"Hinata, kiba, form a protection unit around the prince, do not let him get hurt" shino said and two cloaked men jumped down from the trees.

They threw a couple shuriken at the prince, kiba shoved hinata out of the way and they stabbed him in the arm and he winced.

Sasuke quickly decapitated one of the ninja and he slit the others throat then he glared at kiba.

"Who the hell do you think you are? It's not your job to save hinata"

"I'm her teammate" kiba took a step towards him and smelled him "what are you doing here sasuke?"

"I don't care if your her teammate, she is my girlfriend"

"Not for long" kiba smirked.

"What the hell does that mean?" Sasuke gripped his shirt and hinata put her hand on his shoulder.

"Sasuke please calm down, just take a deep breath" sasuke shoved kiba and threw down the mask.

"I'll see you at home okay? Be safe" he kissed her lips while glaring at kiba, who was glaring back.

"Sasuke.." He ruffled her hair and started walking away.

"I'm only causing you trouble" he smiled.

"Umm.. C'mon guys, let's finish the mission" shino said "hinata, would you heal kiba? I'll dispose of the bodies"

"I don't need help" kiba said, not meeting her eyes. He had pulled off his shirt and blood was dripping down his stomach. He winced quietly.

"It's the least I can do" she put her hand over his wounds and started healing him.

"Why are you with a jerk like him?" He looked in her eyes.

"He's not a jerk he is just misunderstood" she smiled and kiba sighed.

"You could have someone much better"

She smiled "much better? Like who?"

"Like...you know..." He sighed "forget it" he pulled on his shirt and Akamaru licked his cheek.

The prince looked bewildered as shino was using his bugs to speed up the process of decomposition. Kiba was glaring into the direction sasuke had sped off and hinata had never been more confused.