Chapter 9

Sasuke awoke to the sounds of loud tapping at his door. He groggily stood up and approached the door as the sound continued.

He opened the door and naruto was looking at him.

"Sasuke..I don't know how to tell you this.." naruto said solemnly.

"What happened?" Sasuke asked curiously.

"Shino's team was attacked, the prince is fine-"

"I don't give a damn about the prince, where is hinata?" Sasuke said frantically.

"In the hospital" naruto said "she hasn't woken up yet and she's been sleeping for two days."

"That's impossible, I saw her yesterday" sasuke said.

"No you slept for two days too" sasuke grabbed his phone and walked out the door.

Naruto followed him and sasuke saw he had a missed call from hinata. He listened to the voicemail.

"S..sasuke, something's happened" she whimpered in pain and sasuke walked faster "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have...this is all my.." She started speaking softer and then the talking ceased.

Sasuke hung up and ran to the hospital. When he arrived, after asking where she was, he threw open a door and entered a hospital room. She was lying on the bed with blood stained bandages around her stomach and arms. He put his hand on her cheek.

"Hinata, please wake up" she remained unconscious and he pressed his forehead against hers "please, I need you"

Her lips twitched a little and he gently hugged her body close. Dammit I shouldn't have left, he held her closer, I'm so stupid.

"I wasn't there when you needed me, I'm so sorry" he squeezed his eyes closed and hid his face in her neck "I'm worthless aren't I?" Tears slipped down his cheeks and he helped her lay back down.

He sat in a chair quietly and watched her sleep. At this moment, he hated himself more than anything.

Naruto put a hand on sasuke's shoulder "it's going to be okay, she'll wake up soon" naruto smiled "I promise"

Sasuke glared at the floor and said nothing.

"I'm..I'm gunna go check on kiba and Akamaru" he headed for the door.

"They got hurt too?" Sasuke said emotionlessly.

"Yeah, but not as bad as she did" naruto left the room and sasuke gently held hinata's hand.

Her eyelids slowly opened to see sasuke crying silently. He seemed so strong, she thought, I didn't think he could cry. She gently squeezed his hand and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. Sasuke sat up quickly and looked at her.

"Your awake?" He smiled a little "that's good" she tried to sit up but he made her lie back down gently.

"I hate to ask but could you get me something to eat?" She smiled.

"Anything for you, and I'm really sorry about what happened, I was being stupid" he stood up and she smiled.

"It's not your fault" she said and sasuke chuckled bitterly.

"Sure it isn't" he walked out the room and walked towards the cafeteria. He heard naruto and kiba talking in a separate room.

"-with sasuke, she could do so much better" he heard kiba say.

"Nahh sasuke is a good guy, he's just.. You would be the same if you went through the same thing he did" naruto said.

"That's not a reason, it's just an excuse for him to treat hinata bad" kiba grumbled.

"He doesn't treat her bad"

"How do you know?" Kiba growled and sasuke sighed and walked off.

She does deserve better, sasuke thought.

He entered the cafeteria and poured her a bowl of soup and a cup of tea. He set it on a tray and he made his way back to her room.

After getting naruto to open the door, he gently set the tray on her lap.

"Do you need me to feed you?"

"Nahh I'm fine" she gently lifted her pale arms and the bandages became a darker shade of red. She whimpered a little and the blood dripped on the sheets.

Sasuke made her lay her arms down and fed her a small bite of soup. She blushed and looked away.

"You don't need to do this"

"And have you get even more hurt? I don't think so babe" he blushed a little when he realised what he said.

"B..babe?" She blushed and he fed her another bite.

"I... Well.." He blushed harder "I won't call you that" she smiled.

"I like it" sasuke fed her another bite and kissed her cheek.

"I have a question" hinata smiled as sasuke fed her the last of the soup.

"What is it?" He put his hand over hers.

"What happened on the mission.." She blushed.

"I'm really sorry about that" he looked at her "are you mad?"

"No not that, when you kissed me you said..some things" sasuke turned bright red.

"I was... How can I put this.." He looked around nervously "your really.. I really want to.." He turned a darker shade of red and hinata blushed.

"Really want to what?"

"L..lets not talk about this" he blushed "when your better we will"

"Please tell me" she smiled "I can handle it"

"I..want to be inside you" he looked away and blushed hard.

"Inside me?" She looked confused.

"Y..yeah" he cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair.

"How is that possible?" She smiled. Sasuke looked around nervously.

"Oh.." She turned bright red "I...don't-" she started

"Don't worry, I won't pressure you and besides I wouldn't want to do it with me either" he kissed her forehead "get some sleep okay?"

"Okay" she closed her eyes and within a few minutes she was asleep.

He looked around quietly and her soft breathing relaxed him.

"Hey sasuke" he heard the blonde whisper.

"What are you doing dobe?" Sasuke mumbled and looked at him.

"Just making sure your okay" naruto sat next to sasuke and smiled.

"Do you need anything?"

"What? No get out of here"

"You don't need to be so distant" naruto growled and sasuke pulled him out the room and closed the door.

"I cut my bonds with you and Sakura, so just leave me alone!" Sasuke shoved him and naruto glared at sasuke.

"Then why did you come back?"

"Not for you!" Sasuke growled "get the hell out of here and leave me alone" naruto glared at him.

"We will fight later, and I'll kick your ass." Naruto growled and sasuke walked into the room.