《 TEN 》

《 The Lakehouse 》

"So you're going to a lakehouse with your friends and a boy?" My mother asked, her eyes studying mine.

"Oh come in mum, let me live a little, look I'll be fine, I've got emergency powers if anything happens" I said holding out my hands.

My mother sighed. "Okay fine but if I get one call from anyone about your behaviour, you can sure as hell book yourself a permanent spot in lock down" she said.

I squealed. "Thanks mum!" I said jumping up from the couch.

She sighed before chuckling as I ran up the stairs. "It's a yes!" I squealed to V and Casey.

They had already laid out a dress for me and held out make up brushes. "Come on, sit your beautiful ass down, it's time to upgrade your software" V said.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, letting them get to work on me.
I closed my eyes and just them work. I chewed my bottom lip, thinking about what would happen tonight.

V scolded me her chewing on my lip.and I let it go to feel lipstick press against it and suddenly all movement on me stopped. I opened my eyes and looked at them. "Wow!" They exclaimed together, high diving each other.

Casey grabbed my hand mirror and handed it to me. I gasped as I looked at my reflection. "Wow guys! I look so beautiful" I said looking at them.

They grinned. "Austin doesn't stand a chance" they said as they hoisted me up.

I picked up my dress and walked into my bathroom, changing.
I walked out and sat on my bed, tying up my heels.

I grabbed a big bag and placed some converses inside it before adding the bottle of vodka, V had brought over. I walked downstairs.

Casey and V were waiting by the front door and I joined them. "Ready to go? Austin just got here" Casey said, checking me over.

I nodded and followed them out of the house. I waved goodbye to my mother and walked towards Austin. His eyes seemed to light up when he saw me and went in for a hug. "Hey, you look absolutely beautiful" he said taking my bag for me.

I blushed. "Thanks" I said, not helping but glancing over at Marcus's house.

He opened the door for us and I climbed into the passenger side. Casey and V huddled in the back. "It's about an hour's drive so if you want a nap, I suggest you start sleeping now" Austin said as he started the car.

"Copy that" V and Casey said snuggling together.

They're eyes closed and Austin turned on a softer radio. He started driving and I watched the scenery passed. "So how do you feel?" Austin asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"About the whole fae thing" Austin replied.

I glanced over my shoulder. "Don't worry, they're asleep, wolf hearing and their breaths are measured" Austin explained.

"Oh, well I guess I'm doing okay but I don't really know what else to do" I replied.

Austin reached over and squeezed my hand. "You're one of the strongest people I know" he said giving me a smile.

We had driven into forest now and I could see the light in Austin's eyes, light up. "So do you have a pack?" I asked, curious.

"Yeah, we hunt out here but don't worry, no humans" he replied chuckling.

"What happens if you bite a human?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

"Unless it's a full moon, it's just like any other animal attack" he replied.

"What about a fae?" I asked, rubbing my arms.

Austin looked at me. "Don't worry Diana, you're under my protection, no werewolf from these lands will hurt you" he said, turning to face the front.

The shadows seemed to cast him in darkness, making him seem scarier. "So what are you in the pack? A soldier or?" I trailed off. 

Austin chuckled. "No, I'm Alpha, my father was Alpha before me and his father and so on" he replied.

"Alpha, that's quite impressive" I said, my eyes widening.

"Only by bloodline" he replied.

He looked at me. "Do you know anything about your original family yet?" He asked, turning onto a dirt road.

"No, all I know is that they abandoned  me" I replied.

Austin looked away. "I'm sure they were only protecting you" he said.

I looked at him, the scenery behind him making him blur a little. "Maybe" I replied.

We arrived at the lakehouse and I shook Casey and V awake. They hopped out of the car and immediately gasped. "Wow Austin!" V exclaimed.

Austin chuckled and stood next to me.  "Welcome to my second favourite place on earth" he replied.

I glanced at him and smiled, his eyes shone back as we headed for the front door. "About time" I heard someone say when the door going open. 

V stepped back. "Jackson, this is Vienna, Casey and Diana, they're here for the party" Austin said, touching my should gently.

Jackson walked down the stairs to the front door, his eyes on V. "Where have you been my entire life?" He asked reaching for her hand.

I saw V blush and take his hand. I glanced at Austin who tapped the corner of his eye. Oh Jackson was a werewolf.

He led V and Casey inside when the music started, I started forward but Austin grabbed my elbow lightly. "I may be pack leader Diana, but I need you to tread carefully" he said before stroking the corner of my jaw.

I nodded. "Of course" I replied.

Austin took my hand, entwining our fingers and led me forward. I glanced down at our joined hands and smiled. This was always something I wanted..

Then why was I turning around and expecting Marcus to walk out of the dark shadows. The front doors shut behind me and that's when I realised how wrong I was.

Marcus lazed on a tree, sharpening a dagger with a rock. He looked up when he saw Austin take Diana's hand.
Marcus stiffened.

She was his, and he wasn't about to let her go without a fight.
Marcus started forward until howling filled the air.

The wolves had catched his scent. A vampire in werewolf territory. Marcus was prey now. A cruel smirk crossed Marcus's face as he turned around, listening to the oncoming beatings of wolf paws.

He held out his dagger. "Here doggy doggy doggy" he called out.

A/N

Okay 😂😂😂 I really just love Marcus.
He's so sarcastic, I honestly praise it.

Who else loves Marcus?

Or who's team Austin.

I have a surprise for you in the next chapter and I really hope you enjoy it. It's going to be so great to write.
I'm obsessed with writing this book...
Thats why I update it so much 😂

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love T, xoxo