《 TWENTY-FOUR 》

《 Warrior 》

The next day we woke and showered. Taron ushered us out the door quickly, we didn't even time to eat anything.

I didn't want to do anything today, my body was tired and everything hurt. After sleeping on the ground for some time and then on a comfortable bed and now a hard bed, my back groaned and ached.

I protested as Taron suggested we got walking to the next town. Austin silently laughed as I stomped my foot and told my brother to call an uber.
We waited five minutes for the car and I jumped in when the door opened. "Good morning laddies, where is it you'll be going?" The Irish driver asked, giving us a toothy grin.

Taron gave me the address and the driver nodded and started driving. I folded my hands in my lap before turning my head to look out the window. Watching lights in the houses flicker on as workers came to life inside their homes.

The town gave way to more greenery and I stared on wonder at the rolling hills. I felt a hand touch mine and I looked over to see Marcus sitting between Austin and I. Keian was in the back seat, happily staring at the interior of the moving vehicle.

"Who is she?" I asked Marcus.

He gave me a grim smile. "Someone that will keep you safe, trust her, she may be vampire but she owes me a debt" he said, tilting his head.

"How far away are you? When will I see you?" I asked, my fingers entwining with his.

His face softened, his eyes turning liquid silver. "Soon, my love, soon you will see me and I will hold you so very tightly" he said, stroking his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Hurry to me" I barely whispered, looking down.

I tightened my grip and looked up but he was already gone. Austin turned to see me looking at him even though I had actually been looking at Marcus.
"Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

I nodded before looking down at my hands. "Just tired" I lied.

He nodded and looked back out the window while the car pulled into another street and stopped in front of a very blacked out building. "Are you sure this is the place?" The driver asked, giving us a worried look..

Taron sighed and nodded. "Yes, thank you for your services" he said, opening the door and handing money to the driver.

Austin and I followed Taron out while Keian struggled to get out of the car. Laughing, Austin went to help him while I walked up to the side of my brother and stood there, looking at the building.

"Taron" I said softly.

My brother looked at me. "Are we doing the right thing?" I asked, glancing at him.

He lowered his eyes before nodding. "I just want to protect you, you're my sister and the future of my people, you have three loyal friends who will protect you and no doubt Marcus is doing his own thing to protect you" Taron said.

I sighed. "Let's do this" I said.

Austin and Keian joined us. "Okay, when you see her, immediately bow, she's older than all of us put together and definitely show some respect, don't speak unless spoken to, let me do the talking" Taron said, informing us.

We all nodded and followed him up the black stone steps.
I glanced at Austin who glanced as me as we reached the door and Taron rang the bell.

We could hear it sing out across the house before the door opened. I stiffened and Taron strode forward, pushing the door open.
We moved along the hallway, I was keeping close to my brother.