《 TWENTY-SIX》

《 Training Day 》

Marcus and I wandered downstairs hand in hand. As we reached the last step, Scathach turned the corner and posed on the corner wall. "Glad you could finally join us" she said, giving me a look.

"Sorry" I rushed out before hiding my blush.

Marcus chuckled. "Come on Scatty, I haven't seen her in a long time" he replied before glancing at me and winking.

Scathach rolled her eyes. "Come on, we must start training, who knows how far back these rogue camps are on Marcus's trail" She said.

I nodded but my eyes slid to Taron's and Austin's oncoming figures. "Marcus, good to see you again" Taron said, nodding at Marcus.

Marcus returned the nod. "And you as well" he replied before glaring at Austin.

I watched as Austin's eyes slid down to our joined hands and saw him briefly close his eyes. "So what are you teaching me?" I asked as I let go of Marcus's hand.

He glanced at me before letting his face fall emotionless. "First how to control your powers, they control you at the moment and it could be dangerous for yourself and everyone around you" Scathach said, straightening her back.

I nodded and stepped off the stairs, following her into another room. The furniture had been pushed apart to make room for us. Marcus leaned on the doorway behind me, crossing his arms.

Taron and Keian walked into the room and sat near the door. I paid no mind to them as I focused on Scathach. She bowed to me before falling into a protective stance. "Show me your strongest gift" she said, watching me.

I remembered what Taron taught me and held out my hands. I tapped my thumb with my pinky before closing my eyes. I pulled my hands to my chest before throwing them at her. She barely moved. "Come on Diana, you have to have more than that" she said, strongly.

I tried it again but nothing happened. I heard a snicker and looked over at Marcus. He just gave me a wink and a small wave. I rolled my eyes before looking at Scathach again. "It's not working" I said loudly.

"You need to find something that makes you feel the most emotion, use it, visualise it" she said, still in stance.

I thought it over in my head, what made me feel the most?
My thoughts drifted back to this morning and I felt something within me shift.

I kept thinking about it, Marcus's lips against mine when I threw my arm forward, knocking the ancient warrior off her feet. She got up off the ground and smiled. "Now that's more like it" she said as she clasped her hands.

I looked down at the palms of my hands, wondering what else I could do. "Taron?" I asked.

"Yes?" He replied.

"Make me angry" I replied.

"What?"

"Mae me angry, or sad or whatever" I said, my eyes locked with the warrior.

"I'm not doing that" Taron replied.

"I will" another voice said.

I turned my head to see Austin, a small smile on his face as always. "Yes that's good, please" I said, readying myself and pointing my hands at Scathach.

She grinned maniacally before readying herself. I heard his footsteps as he walked up to me. "Diana, what I'm about to say is for this sole purpose, I don't mean any of it" he said quickly.

I nodded, understanding.

He sighed.

"You're weak" he started.