《 THIRTEEN 》

《 You Really Wanna Do This? 》

"I should never have let you talk me into this" I said, following Marcus down the street.

I could almost see Marcus roll his eyes but he stayed silent. "What do they want with me anyway?" I asked, flicking my hair over my shoulder.

Still, Marcus didn't answer. "Hey!" I said annoyed.

Marcus stopped and turned around. "I don't know what they want with you, I was only informed to bring you in, so please stop talking" he breathed out, fustrated. 

I frowned. "Fine" I said with attitude.

We started walking again but inky fir a few metres. We stopped at the entrance to what seemed to be a construction site. He knocked on the door seven times. The door opener to reveal a tall blonde man, tattoos marking his skin and face.

The man looked me over. "Your father will be proud" the man said to Marcus.

"Just let us in Kyle" Marcus sighed.

The man- Kyle, opened the door wider and Marcus turned his head and shot me a look. The 'don't touch anything and don't speak to anyone' look. I nodded and followed Marcus as he pushed past the burly man.

We emerged into a blacked out room, except for the tiniest window, letting sunlight into the room. My hands twisted in each other as I turned my head to see four people, stand up from their chairs.

Marcus stopped and I almost crashed into him. "Consul" he said before bowing at the waist.

"Father" he said again, bowing in the direction of one tall man.

The tall man nodded his head in respect back. Marcus turned to me. "Consul Members, this is Diana, your fae" he said, stepping back from me.

I glanced at him in disbelief. Was he really going to abandoned me here?

"State your full name" one of the members spoke. 

I cleared my throat. "D-diana Baxt-ter" I stuttered out.

The Consul seemed to smile, until Marcus's father spoke up. "Do not be afraid of us child, we will not hurt you" he said.

I looked at Marcus, who glanced at me. I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth before standing taller. "On what grounds am I requested?" I asked, turning back to the Consul.

Marcus's father's grin widened.

"Do you know who you are, Miss Baxter?" He asked, tilting his head.

The other Consul members stayed silent. I opened my mouth and moved to speak but I closed it with no answer.
Suddenly, I heard a scuffle and Juilan walked into the room.

"I'm sorry Members, he got past me" Kyle said bursting into the room after Juilan.

The Consul's face dripped with disappointment. "It was agreed that should Fae be questioned, another fae with higher position must attend" Juilan said.

Marcus glanced at his father who nodded. "That is the rules, you may stay" he replied. 

My mouth fell open. "Your fae?" I asked in disbelief.

Juilan looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I was undercover" he replied. 

I closed my mouth and frowned. The hurt was strong. He didn't tell me and I was his friend. "State your name" the Consul said again as Juilan stood beside me.
"Taron Greene" he said.