《 THIRTY- EIGHT 》

《 The Adventurous Adventures of Diana Greene 》

"So what's the plan Dorian?" I asked as he led me through the low trees.

"We use the portal and get as close to them as possible, then we walk straight in" he replied, not looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "I hope your kidding" I replied.

He then looked at me. "Of course I am Diana, please don't question me" he said facing forward again.

We emerged out in top of the portal hill and I turned around, studying the landscape in front of me.
I could see the very top of the castle and the lands surrounding it. The waterfall in the background and the thick rainforest leading off into the horizon. "We can turn back" Dorian said, standing next to me.

I took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh air and closed my eyes. "No, we have to do this" I said, my hands tightening into fists.

I opened my eyes and glanced at the castle. In that moment, I wish had super vision, wishing I could see Austin, sleeping peacefully.

"C'mon" Dorian said, stepping away from the beautiful view.

I let it all sink in before also stepping away. I followed Dorian through the trees seeing blue light fill the air. It meant we were closer to the portal.

Finally, we reached the portal and I stepped up next to Dorian. "Taron?" I asked, seeing my brother leaning against the tree that held the portal.

I glanced at Dorian who frowned. "I had a feeling you'd attempt something stupid" my brother said, his face falling into a mask.

"This isn't stupid, I'm going to do this" I said, stepping forward.

Taron and Keian; who was waiting beside him, stepped forward. "Don't do this Diana" Taron said, his hand going to the hilt of the sword strapped to his side.

"You can't stop me, I'm the Queen and I order you to step aside" I said, tilting my chin up.

Taron shook his head. "I wasn't asking as a soldier, I'm asking as a brother, don't do this" he said, stepping forward.

My heart wanted to melt at his words. "Taron, I have to do this, no one else can get hurt because of me" I said.

"Than let us come with you, let us protect you" Taron spoke softly.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "I couldn't bare to lose you, if I don't make it through this, you will need to take the throne Taron" I said, opening my eyes.

"No, no no I don't want the stupid throne, I don't want the power and glory, I just want you, my sister, I need my sister alive" Taron said, panic crossing his face.

"I'm sorry Taron, I have to do this, I love you okay, and tell Austin I'm sorry, tell him that I meant what I said to him" I replied, moving towards the portal.

Dorian glared at Keian has the fae took a step forward. "Do you really want to do this my Queen?, let us help you, we're soldiers, we've fought many battles and who knows what you encounter, you might step out of that portal and an ambush might come for you, do you really want to take that risk?" Keian asked, tilting his head.

"You really want to come?" I asked, taking a deep breath.

My brother and his boyfriend nodded.
"Fine" I breathed out.

Taron turned to Keian and grinned at him. "I knew I loved you for a reason" he said, as I turned to Dorian.

"Let's go" Dorian said, giving me a sparse glance.