2. Chewing Gum

BENJI POV

"Hey, you. Hey, wake up!" I say, poking the woman next to me.

What was her name again? Sandra? Sarah? Sasha?

There was a very naked, very blonde stranger sleeping next to me. She was sleeping on her stomach, but I could tell her whole body was fake. I wasn't surprised. Everyone and everything was fake around here, it was hard to find a real natural beauty. Not that I was complaining, she looked good... from what I could remember.

The girl stretches and finally stirs awake, turning to face me. "Good morning, handsome", she smiles, rubbing the sleep... and mascara from her eyes. Yikes.

Yup, whole face. Fake.

"Morning... youuuu", I laugh nervously. "Why don't you hop in the shower? It was a long night last night and I'm sure you want to freshen up. Give me a minute, I'll join you".

"Oh, you're too sweet", Blondie gives me a quick peck on the cheek. Her lips were still sticky from the night before and I'm hoping it was lipgloss. She slides off the bed and heads for the bathroom. I give her a quick smile as I crane my head around the corner to make sure she closed the door. I rush around the room, trying to find her purse.

Found it.

There's a large Louis Vuitton bag perched on my desk and I snatch it into my lap as I plop back down on the bed. Now, where's her wallet? I fish around the contents of the bag: loose change, gum, hair tie. What was the point of this giant bag if she was only going to carry fucking chewing gum?

I finally find Blondie's wallet and pluck out her driver's license.

Michelle. Wow, way off.

I throw everything back where it belongs and place it back on my desk.

"You coming, Benji?", she calls me in her best sultry voice.

"Coming, Michelle!" I roll my eyes.

It's not that I was annoyed with her, just annoyed that she was still here. I probably sound like an asshole, but my space was mine. I didn't like sharing it with other people, I was used to being by myself. My parents used to leave me to go on business trips. Sure, I had sitters, but they mainly sat on the sofa and watched soap operas all day.

I couldn't complain, though. I think my mom and dad felt guilty sometimes and overcompensated for it by giving me everything I ever wanted. Christmas? Everyday was Christmas. Hell, even teachers at my private school handed me A's for little to no effort because they knew who my parents were.

But, here, at this moment... I had to get this woman to leave. This girl was great to look at through beer goggles, but she had no substance. All she could talk about was dressing up her Pomeranian in sweaters and I just wanted to get laid.

***

I had to meet my father in an hour and this girl was causing me to run late. After our shower, I called up a car for her and sent her packing.

"Call me", she batted her half-glued eyelashes at me as she climbed into the car. I just smile and nod as she leaves.

"Not a chance.", I mouth to myself.

I hurry back up into my penthouse and search my closet for the nicest suit possible. Hugo Boss? Armani? I had to meet with investors later today and I needed to impress. My father had just opened a new hotel and casino on the strip and he wanted me to run it. Alone. This was it, this was my chance to put my Harvard business degree to good use and show my dad I could run his legacy. He was planning on stepping down as president in the next few months and he really wanted to make sure I was prepared to take over. He thought what better way to prepare then oversee one entire operation.