19. Sunrise

BENJI POV

It's been two weeks since I last saw her. My mind has been nothing but a black hole, just empty and numb. I can't even rest when I sleep. My mind thinks of her before I drift off and when I do, I dream of her. I dream of where is she is, who she's with, and what might have been.

I walk into my bathroom, turning the faucet on to the coldest it could go. I'm sure the water is ice cold as I let it run down my hands, but I wouldn't know. My body's just as numb as my mind and I just stare blankly into the mirror. My face is pale, exhausted. I splash the cold water on my face to force myself awake.

Here goes to making it through another day.

***

VICTORIA POV

"God, you are pitiful", Faye scolds. She marches into my room and flings open the curtains. "Get your sorry ass up, you vampire". She stomps around the bed, ripping the sheets away from me.

I curl up, the cold air hitting my bare legs. "Just leave me alone", I mumble, placing a pillow over my face.

"Oh, for Christ's sake", she grabs the pillow and bops me in the face with it. "You're gonna suffocate yourself".

"Good!", I shout, sitting up now and clutching the bedsheets in frustration. I try to snatch the pillow back from her only for her to toss it to the corner.

"Okay, that's enough", she grabs me by the arm and drags me off the bed. "You're taking a shower, you smell like shit". Faye yanks me over to my bathroom and pushes me in.

She slams the door only to open it again, this time with a towel in her hand. "Get your ass in the shower", she shoves the towel into my chest. "And then you're going to come out for breakfast. You have a big show tonight, so get your shit together!"

Too exhausted to challenge her, I blow out a sigh and nod. Satisfied, she slams the door once more causing me to flinch.

God, what a psycho I have for a friend.

I finish up in the shower and find my Sunset Mobile park tee in my drawer. I run my fingers along the frayed hem and the worn out print. I smile a little to myself and decide not to wear it. This damn piece of fabric used to be nothing but a shirt, but now it held sad memories of Benji and me. I close the drawer and walk away, finding a plain black tee in the closet. I can't help but glance over at the drawer as I throw my jeans on. I quickly dart back to the dresser, open it up to retrieve the tee, and toss it in the trash.

Throwing my hair up into a messy bun, I walk into the kitchen to see Faye cooking breakfast.

"What's all this?", I ask, motioning to the array of breakfast foods strewn across the table.

Bacon. French Toast. Eggs. Fruit. Two kinds of juice.

"Faye, what the fuck is all this?", I quip. There was nothing wrong with any of it, but lately anything and everything had put me in a bad mood.

She comes over to the table, placing croissants down in front of me. "You have a big night tonight", she says nonchalantly. "You have to eat something. You haven't eaten in like, three days".

She widens her eyes at me, cocking her head to the seat. She's forcing me to sit down and despite wanting to flip this table over, I humor her and sit. Like a good mother, she places a plate in front of me and starts piling it with everything on the table.