5. Chili Cheese Fries

*Beep* My phone notifies me of a text, distracting my thoughts.

Unknown Number: it's benji. be there in 15. curious to where you take me ;)

"Aghhhhh!!!!!", I chuck my phone onto the couch in front of me. Curious to where you take me? That text confirms everything I already knew. He was mocking me. He wants me to take him to a place where all the poor people flock just to give himself a laugh.

Fine. I'll take him to the best place in Vegas.

I sprint to my room and search through my hamper, tossing unworthy clothes to the floor. I find an old yellow shirt with the words Sunset Mobile Park across the chest in gaudy orange lettering. I throw it on and continue through the hamper until I find my Goodwill jeans with the holes in the knees and the ripped belt loops from trying to pull my pants over my fat ass. I shrug on my worn leather jacket. I slip on my black boots to complete my look.

Perfect. One Trailer Trash Vicky comin' right up!

Faye approaches the doorway and leans on the frame just as I'm checking myself out in the mirror. "Trashy Vicky is out I see. You tryin' to serve looks in that outfit?" she points her long manicured nail at me.

I turn my head to her with a mischievous grin. "Oh, I'm serving revenge, Sweetheart". 

*Beep* I hear my phone from the living room.

Unknown Number: what's your apt #? i'll come get you.

Me: no it's fine, on my way down now.

Here it goes.

I leave my apartment and hop down my stairway to see a shiny silver Mercedes Benz. The windows were tinted so dark, I couldn't see anyone in it but I knew who it was.

Show off.

I hear Benji's door open and I quickly run to the passenger side and get in. I'm not letting this bastard open the door for me. It's all part of his ruse to make me think he treats everyone the same.

I settle into my seat and turn to see Benji getting back into the car. To my surprise, he's not in a suit. His hair is slightly disheveled and stubble is in its early stages on his face. He's wearing a grey henley with the sleeves rolled up, his muscles flex as he steers. He paired it with a dark pair of jeans and black boots. He looked good. He looked normal.

"I was going to open the door for you", he explains.

"It's fine", I say flatly as I turn back to face the windshield, shaking the thoughts out of my head. I don't know what was so amusing, but he lets out a small chuckle and starts to drive.

"You look nice tonight", he smiles, giving me a once over.

Lies! "Thanks", I answer curtly.

"So, do you-"

"Turn left".

"Are you"-"

"Right".

"I think-"

"We're here".

Benji pulls into the parking lot of my favorite restaurant. The Strip Joint was an old dive bar further down the strip. No strippers though, the name is pretty misleading. It didn't look like much on the outside (or the inside for that matter), but the had the best burgers and chili cheese fries in town.

"The Strip Joint?" he stuffs his hands in my pockets, staring at the semi-run down building.

"Yeah, you said my pick. Right?", I give him a raised eyebrow.