Chapter 2

Nate's p.o.v
I don't know why I hired her? It's not like I needed another PA. I can't even keep a PA for that long, I'm just going to ruin her like the rest of them. But strangely I don't feel the same way about her. Somethings different, I don't want to use her, hurt her, or break her like the others. I just want her. All of her. Everyday. I've only known her for a few hours but they already feel different.

Before my brain can decipher what I'm doing, I look up to see her door. My hand is already twisting the handle and opening her door. I gape at her small frame above the silk sheets. She looks so petite on the large bed. Her stirring panics me as i debate leaving or staying.

"Are you staring at me?" She mumbles in a quiet, raspy voice.

Shit. How did I not notice her wake up. Her eyes are now locked on mine and she's looking at me with intensity. Probably the same intensity I looked at her with when we first met. The kind that determines what your motives are and can consume you and all you are.

I cough, choking on air. "Ermmm no."

"Your hesitation's telling me otherwise." She giggles. Her laugh is so precious. So feminine. So, not my usual type. Yes I know, very cliche to have a type. She's got long dark hair that compliments her perfect face. Emphasising her dark eyes that could control me any day of the week, and her bright, mesmerising smile that lights up the room whenever she's present. Her smile is my favourite thing about her. No I can't think that. Nothing! None of her features stand out to me.

"My hesitation. What hesitation? Whatever you think you saw Miss Blake I suggest you forget." I reply coldly, walking out of her room and slamming the door.

I couldn't look at her when those words left my mouth. Knowing what I said was hurtful and I probably hurt her in the matter of a few minutes cause an aching pain to form in my chest. A pain I've never felt before. I decide to get dressed and go out to clear my head.

A few hours later and a few drinks later I find myself stumbling home. But not alone. There's a blonde girl with her arms clinging to my bicep. How did I get home? Who is she? Then i remember, Sierras here. How did I let this happen? I just hope Sierra doesn't wake up, all I've done so far is hurt her and I couldn't stand to cause her anymore pain. But I do need to get her out of my head so with that I scoop the blonde girl into my arms and start making out with her but not the same way as I want to with Sierra.

As I make my way up to my room I notice Sierra's door is slightly opened and her TV is on. I try not to focus on that but it's all I can focus on. A small, familiar figure walks out of the room and she stares at me again.

"Sorry. I'm not trying to intrude but I'm going out." She says timidly. Going out? It's nearly 2am! Where the fuck does she think she's going?

"No you're fucking not! It's almost 2am there's no way in hell you're leaving this building." My eyes are blazing and i can feel the rage building inside of me. The need to conceal my anger crosses my mind momentarily but before i can allow that to happen.

Her eyes gaze into mine before she says something completely unexpected."You can't tell me what to do, if I want to leave I will, you can't stop me and if you try I'll tell everyone about your phone call earlier." She hisses coldly.

A cloud covers her eyes as the anger takes over her. I grab her wrists and push her up against the cold wall behind her. I grab her jaw a little too tight as I hear her wince in pain. "You work for me DO NOT forget that. I am your BOSS. Miss Blake do not test my patience because I will put you out on the streets and make sure you never find another job."
She pushes me away and storms pass me into the elevator doors.

****
It's been 5 hours and I haven't slept all morning. 5 hours and no one knows where she is or who she's with? If I hadn't of hurt her she would've been home by now, this is all my fault. If I hadn't have been rude to her or threatened her she would still be here. My phone rings and I grab it from the counter I'm leaning on.

"What? Have you found her?"  My voice is rushed. Panicked. Nothing has ever felt like this before. "Don't call me until you've found her or have some useful information about her."

A chime sounds from the elevator signalling it opening. The dark figure is small, soaked from the downfall outside. "never mind she just walked in!"

I turn my head to the elevator and start pacing towards it. She's wearing an oversized hoodie and a pair of trainers. A hoodie.... a hoodie that's not hers and certainly doesn't belong to a girl.
I clench my jaw but try to contain the anger that's overtaking me. My whole body becomes tense and I can't even gather my thoughts.

"Where the fuck have you been? I've had people searching for you all fucking night. I swear to god if it was anyone else they'd be gone!"

"I'm sorry I don't always listen to you. Perhaps you should fire me so I can leave..."

"Fire you? Why would I do that?"

"You're clearly not happy with me being here and you don't respect me. I don't want to work closely with someone so arrogant and uptight as you. I know I'm completely out of place for saying this but honestly I've barely started and I can't stand this."

Shit. Without even trying I've pushed her away.

"Please." I murmur and she looks up from the ground she was staring at.

"Don't give up on me. I'm not going to fire you and I don't want you to leave. I get we're gonna have to work on this. I wanna do that because I want you. So please don't leave."

I don't know what came over me. But I felt the need to tell her this. She's the only good, stable thing that's come into my life in a while. I want her to stay. I need her to stay. She's slowly changing me, I don't know if that's a good things or if it's making me weak but either way I like the way she makes me feel. It's as if I'm lighter, younger and better.

Never have I felt this protective over anything. She drives me mad so much I want to lock her in her room and never share her with anyone else. But on the other hand, I want to show her off to the world and claim her in front of everyone. I know I can't do this, I can't expose her. I have enemies, enemies who are dangerous. But I have to at least try and make this work. Professionally of course.

Please vote for this chapter by pressing the star. This is my second story my first one is published but not yet complete as I'm working on both. 'New rules'
Thanks for reading for updates dm me on Instagram @madzxoxx

-mads x