Chapter 7

Nate p.o.v
It's finally been a week and they're releasing Sierra. Tonight I finally get to take her on our first date. I've been planning it for a week but I can't help but feel like somethings gonna go wrong.

"Ready?"

"Definitely!" Her light giggle lights up the room. Her eyes shine bright like nothing can dim the light inside of her.

As we arrive home, I carry her bags into my room. She looks confused but follows along anyway. As she walks into my room I realise it's a little messy; clothes everywhere, rubbish scattered. Jeez I didn't realise how sane she was keeping me. I smile embarrassingly at the mess, hoping she doesn't tease me. Obviously, when it comes to Sierra she'll take a shot whenever she can and I like her even more because of it.

"Wow you're room looks different.." she says as her eyes wonder the room implicitly.

"You're so funny Sierra." I reply sarcastically, rolling my eyes. It's as if she enjoys teasing me and making me suffer. Her laughter fills my room making it feel like home. Before now I never enjoyed being here. It felt boring and I'd dread spending time here. Now, everything's different, I count down the hours until I'm home. But home isn't the house it's in her. I feel at peace knowing she's near me. I edge closer to her and a playful light glistens in my eyes. She notices this as she try's to run but her little legs can't get very far. I scoop her up and throw her onto my bed. Her hair is spread over my mattress and she looks perfect. Her top slightly came up and I notice her tugging at it trying to cover up her scar.

"Don't hide it from me." I demand. Why would she want to hide it. She should be showing it off too the world. She survived a horrendous time and her scar is a trophy of that.

"I hate it.." she whispers and her smile disappears. I leap onto the bed and lean down to where her scar is, gently placing my lips onto it. Sierra wriggles trying to free herself from my embrace but I hold her in my arms.

"It's beautiful, you're beautiful."

"I don't think we should mix business and pleasure Nate." She says timidly. I know everyone lives by that moto but I think the complete opposite.

"The reason a lot of businesses fail is because the people don't respect eachother. They're quick to throw eachother under the bus in order to succeed. I truly believe that for a business to be successful, you have to love and care for eachother. I want to do this with you. I want you still as my assistant so I can keep you close but i also want you to step up and begin pitching ideas."

I've wanted this for a while but i was always to scared to let her in. I've worked with her for a while now and I know she's the best person to continue to progress with inside and outside of work. She's my bright light. She helps me organise things, she keeps me on the right track even when I want to throw everything I've been working towards down the drain. She's everything and I want her to be more involved. Not just in the business but also in my life.

"What do you mean?" She asks quietly, taken aback by my sudden proposal.
"I want to be business partners." I announce. "I've wanted it for a while but i was scared you'd run away at the idea."

She lets out a beaming smile as her eyebrows furrow to show she's contemplating. After a while she finally has a response.
"Business partners?"
"Yes business partners." I continue.
"I hate that word.." she mutters.
"Business?" I ask confused.
She chuckles as she notices the confusion that's hovering on my face.
"Yes. Business. Not the word itself but everything that comes with it. The word has so much behind it."
How off topic can she get?
"You never answered my question." I say trying to hint at her.
"Okay." She says shyly looking at the floor.
"Okay, you'll work with me?"
"Yes!" She replies.
I run to her and scoop her up into my arms, placing my lips on hers.

****
7pm.
I pace outside her door too shy to knock. God I must look stupid; a grown man afraid to knock on a girls door. I self consciously laugh at myself before finally knocking on her door. As it opens I see her standing there infront of me.

She's wearing a beautiful red dress that hangs to her waist tightly. Her hair is neatly curled and her lips are painted red.

She looked absolutely mesmerising

She looked absolutely mesmerising. I was lost for words just looking at her.
"Nate." I heard faintly.
I looked up and locked eyes with her. She was staring at me intently, with a concerned look on her face.
"What's wrong do you not like the dress? Should I change it?"
As she goes to walk away, I manage to grip her wrist and pull her towards me. She lets out a shy giggle as I do so but compels nonetheless.

"You look gorgeous Miss Blake."
"Thankyou, you look dashing Mr Kingston." She replies laughing.
"We should get going the tables booked for 7:30"

                                    ****
As we arrive, a huge crowd fill the outside. I've decided to take Sierra to one of the best restaurants in Seattle in order to wow her. I look to my side where Sierra is standing and notice her hesitance. I snake my arm around her waist, pulling her into me and she smiles up. I direct her inside, skipping the whole queue.

"Evening Mr Kingston." The young, blonde waitress says as she comes over to serve us. She finishes her sentence by winking and placing her hand on my shoulder.
I immediately snatch it off as I look at her impatiently.

"How unprofessional. I'm your boss, you work for me Do not forget your place as a waitress."
I snap. I look opposite to see Sierra staring at me wide eyed.

The waitress takes our order and finally leaves.
"Why was you so cold?" Sierra asks timidly.

"She works for me,she should know her place."

As soon as those words left my mouth I perceive a change in her demeanour.
"I also work for you."
Shit. How do I explain that this is different? She's the only girl who I've been willing to change for. Before her I was heartless, cold towards everyone. If I lost her I think I'd lose hope.
"It's different Sierra and you know it." My words come out a little harsh and I can tell they've hurt her.

She stands up but before leaving she turns back and says "so different."

Shit without even trying I've pushed her away. I always think one thing but then do the complete opposite. I try to keep her close to me but I always end up pushing her away. In the end I always end up alone.

I'm done with being rejected. I'm Nate Kingston for fuck sake. I head up to the bar and call the blonde waitress over. She serves me a few drinks and the conversation isn't the best but it seemed to be enough,,,, for right now.

                                     ****
I stumble home early hours in the morning wasted. Every step I climb it feels like I'm taking 2 back. My incessant fails seem to map out my oncoming future. As I finally reach the top of the never ending staircase I see a small figure in the darkness.
Sierra.
My heart flutters at the thought of seeing her. I find the light switch but when I do what I see isn't what I expected.

Please vote for this chapter by pressing the star. Sorry this chapters taken me so long to publish. I'm not sure when the next ones going to be out but I will continue this story💋 .. what do you think Nate was welcomed home to? Does the waitress have anything to do with it? Keep reading loves xx