Chapter 3

Sierra's p.o.v
5am!

Yep, I'm expected to be up at 5am, 6 days a week. Nate insists on me going to work with him.... in the same car he even added a desk into his office for when he wants me to work in there. Quite frankly, I find him possessive and over bearing, nothing like what I'm used to.

Our drive into work is the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been put in to. We haven't spoken since the other day, honestly I don't want to speak to him.
I hate him.

He can say what he wants about wanting and needing me but I know I'm just another pawn in one of his malicious games. I won't allow it. I won't allow myself to get hurt again. Not by another boy. I'm not naive, not anymore. I won't be one of those girls who cries because she finds out the boy she loves doesn't love her back.... I'm stronger than that. At least I think.

We finally arrive and I go to walk into my office but I'm stopped by him blocking the entrance.
"You can't keep ignoring me. You work for me." He says with a deep chuckle as if what he said was funny. It was anything but.

I push my way past him and  take my seat, thinking he'd take a hint and leave. Instead he comes up behind me and pushes me out of the chair. I shriek as I almost fall on my face but his strong arms catch me and pull me onto his lap. I try to jump up, to run away, anything to put some distance between us. My body has a vestige attraction to him but my brain knows better and I think his does too. At least it should.

I try to get up, to run. but my heart has other ideas. No matter what my heart says, my mind knows better. I can't like him in anyway, he's my boss.

"Why do you keep trying to run from me Miss Blake?" He asks low and seductively in my ear. My heart flutters but I can't get the negative thoughts out of my head. I feel his lips graze my ear and immediately the thoughts that were once compelling my mind have disappeared. I turn to face him and he slowly inches closer. Our lips are centimetres away when a knock on the door sends me flying in embarrassment. He looks at me with a large smirk. I make my way towards the door, and as I open it I see him. I keep the door half closed, ensuring Nate wasn't exposed.

"Missed me babe." He says proudly as if I were one of his possessions. An object that he could show off to the world. He was always like that, the entire 2 years I was with him, it was the same. Things only got progressively worse, especially when I tried to leave.

"W-what are y-you doing here." I stutter trying to sound confident but I can't around him, not after all he's put me through. It's as if the walls I built up to protect myself, protect my heart, from not just him but anyone. Not everyone deserves to know you in such a explicit way.

He lets out a deep chuckle as he smirks at me and replies, "Don't be stupid- I'm here for my girl. You Sierra. You're still mine, you can try to run from me as much as you want but you'll never get far. I'll always be there, right behind you, breathing down you neck. And just when you think you've settled and you're finally happy I'll be there to ruin it. The day you left me was the day you ruined your life."

"The day I met you Is the day I ruined my life." I say quietly. But not quiet enough. Zane pushes me into the office and slams me against the wall, shouting, hitting the wall. He didn't even see Nate standing behind him. Zane was big but Nate was taller, stronger and had a lot more authority. Nate has hurt me but not in the same way Zane has. Zane ruined me beyond repair.

In an instant, Zane's pulled off of me and Nate is hovering over him. His fist comes into contact with his jaw several times, before he calls security. Before being dragged out he pulled me into him, grabbing me by the jaw, the same way Nate did the other night but rougher, like he used to. He crashes his lips onto mine while i'm left struggling to push him away. Security arrive and start to drag him out but he turns back, "Remember what I said baby. He's not going to stay with you forever. Oh and shame on you for banging your boss."