Chapter 20

Sierra's p.o.v
I wake up and the conversation from last night comes flooding back. Today is the day I face my fear and contact my family.

Nate is allowing me to go back to work, finally to take my mind off of them. I decide to email my parents and siblings inviting them to dinner next week.

I sit at my computer not wanting to read a disappointing reply.

Nates looking over to me from his desk, he insisted I use the desk he has installed in his office as he still doesn't want to let me out of sight. I can't deny I love him even more for it.

"Sierra could you get me a coffee please." He asks hesitantly. I don't know why he acts so timid around me right now, I'm still his assistant.

I chuckle at his anxiousness and proceed to get up.

I make my way to the break room to fetch Nates coffee when I bump into a familiar face.

Landon.

"What are you doing here?" I ask kind of nervous. I know I shouldn't be scared of Landon as he helped me but knowing he had some sort of involvement in my kidnapping terrifies me.

"I'm here to speak to you and Nate." He says matching my nervousness. He runs a hand through his hair and leaves it at the back of his neck a little too long.

"It's fine I'll leave." He says beginning to walk away. I don't know what came over me when I said
"Landon wait! Come up."

I know Nate will probably be angry at me for inviting Landon in let alone near his office. Heck! If Nate knows he's been in a mile of me he'll waste no time tearing him apart.

I don't know what compelled me to let him up but I almost feel in debt to him. I mean he did sorta save my life.

I finish making Nates coffee and then direct Landon upstairs.

We stand in the elevator waiting to arrive at our floor. We don't talk to eachother; we don't even make eye contact.

I tell Landon to wait outside as I enter Nates office.

I place his coffee infront of him and clear my throat. As I do so he looks up with a questioning look.

"What's wrong Sierra?"

"Errmmm- I know y-you're going to be a-angry at m-me for this but I want you to let me explain first." I stutter not really wanting to tell him.

He begins to grow agitated by my stuttering as he definitely knows whatever I'm about to tell him isn't going to be good.

"Landon's outside. He wants to talk to us and honestly I think we should listen but I don't want you to be angry or do something irrational. So please don't hate me."

Nate does the unexpected. He laughs.

"Baby, I'm not angry. He helped save you if it wasn't for him you'd probably still be there or worse dead. I admit I still don't like him but I'm definitely not angry and I certainly can't ever hate you. "

"Really he helped... how come you never told me?" Nates never mentioned Landon's involvement in saving me. Honestly, I knew he must've found out somehow but I never thought to question how. Come to think of it, it all makes sense.

Nate nods and I go to let Landon in.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have come here without making an appointment but I didn't know if you'd accept." Landon begins.

"I'm really sorry for my involvement with Zane, I honestly never thought it would go so far." He says with the most sincere look in his eyes.

Me and Nate both reassure Landon that there are no hard feelings and that we appreciate all the right he's done. With that he leaves.